God Save My Marriage

The Bible says in Proverbs 4:6-7, "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding."

All of us can use a guardian angel to watch over us. Knowing that wisdom is available to us as just such a protection, why not spend a little time meditating on these words of wisdom. This collection of wisdom words is taken from the Bible and compiled here to quickly help you gain wisdom and understanding by studying God's Word on this topic.

Wisdom Words from Scripture

Job 12:12

Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old. (NLT)

Job 28:28

Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding. (NKJV)

Psalm 37:30

The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. (NLT)

Psalm 107:43

Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the LORD. (NIV)

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. (NIV)

Proverbs 1:7

Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. (NLT)

Proverbs 3:7

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. (NIV)

Proverbs 4:6-7

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. (NIV)

Proverbs 10:13

Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, but a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding. (NKJV)

Proverbs 10:19

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 11:2

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. (NIV)

Proverbs 11:30

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 12:18

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. (NIV)

Proverbs 13:1

A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen to rebuke. (NIV)

Proverbs 13:10

Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. (NIV)

Proverbs 14:1

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. (NIV)

Proverbs 14:6

The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. (NIV)

Proverbs 14:8

The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception. (NIV)

Proverbs 14:33

Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding, but what is in the heart of fools is made known. (NKJV)

Proverbs 15:24

The path of life leads upward for the wise to keep him from going down to the grave. (NIV)

Proverbs 15:31

He who listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 16:16

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! (NIV)

Proverbs 17:24

A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth. (NIV)

Proverbs 18:4

The words of a man's mouth are deep waters, but the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook. (NIV)

Proverbs 19:11

Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs. (NLT)

Proverbs 19:20

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 20:1

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 24:14

Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. (NIV)

Proverbs 29:11

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. (NIV)

Proverbs 29:15

To discipline a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child. (NLT)

Ecclesiastes 2:13

I thought, “Wisdom is better than foolishness, just as light is better than darkness." (NLT)

Ecclesiastes 2:26

To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. (NIV)

Ecclesiastes 7:12

For wisdom is a defense as money is a defense, But the excellence of knowledge is that wisdom gives life to those who have it. (NKJV)

Ecclesiastes 8:1

Wisdom brightens a man's face and changes its hard appearance. (NIV)

Ecclesiastes 10:2

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 1:19-21

For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (NASB)

1 Corinthians 1:25

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 1:30

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. (NIV)

Colossians 2:2-3

My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (NIV)

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (NIV)

James 3:17

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (NIV)

http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersverses/qt/wisdombiblevers.htm

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough already! What don't you people understand! SHE TOLD ME TO STAY OUT OF HER LIFE. And that's what I was doing.

Perhaps she changed her mind about that request. I will contact her directly and ask what her thoughts are.

Until all the facts are known, how about a little less condemnation and a little less "gossip."

Her situation is critical. She could very easily become homeless. Then what? I certainly can't do anything about that. When I had the ability to help, she flatly refused. She told me she had it all under control. Obviously not.

..... And about that birthday wish for Ashley....... If you really think about it, instead of posting all that negative stuff and postulating what motives i had, would it really have been too hard for Looney to say to Ash.."Hey, Your dad wishes you a happy birthday." Really?

Thank Jesus you are feeling the conviction of the Lord!! I know this effected you because a man who has some life left in him would not say, Ouch, when poked.

It is GOOD that you are getting angry. It is good that you are showing what is truly inside you. When you start to get in touch with what is truly inside you then you can see how it is not of God and ask HIM different questions.

What don't you people understand! SHE TOLD ME TO STAY OUT OF HER LIFE.

You know this is not true. You made the choice NOT to lay your life down. Isn't that YOU condemning another human soul? You condemned your wife and children to a life of being unloved. You condemned them to a life of dealing with the fall-out of a disobedient man. Then why would you say we are condemning you?

Grace is actually for empowerment to OBEY not for a license to sin. It only proves you are not realizing the love of God nor are you living under grace yourself. You can not give to others what you do not have. A man constrained by love would do anything to live the Christ-like life. A man who lives under grace understands and is humble about the GRAVITY of his wrong choices.

Now, let's get to the part....HOW DO I CHANGE THIS?

Do you remember David that it was YOU who refused to make a decision to love your wife? Your passivity is NOT of God or from God. A husband goes first and has a role in a marriage God called you to. Thus far, you have not fulfilled that role.

Looney only answered your insistence NOT to love. She gave you the perfect corresponding actions to YOUR behavior, meaning your refusal to be a Christ-like husband. You have created this mess because God said you are the source of the condition of the marriage and your life.

SO, this is not truth-telling on your part David. You WANTED to leave and be on your own. What you failed to do is turn back to God in the process. It would be a disservice to you to let you believe otherwise. I truly believe that it is the mercy of God that is trying to get a hold of you. One day when you are a mature man, wanting to grow up into Christ you will thank God.

Perhaps she changed her mind about that request. I will contact her directly and ask what her thoughts are.

Until all the facts are known, how about a little less condemnation and a little less "gossip."

Her situation is critical. She could very easily become homeless. Then what? I certainly can't do anything about that. When I had the ability to help, she flatly refused. She told me she had it all under control. Obviously not.

This is trying to blame shift. You are trying to put on Looney the husband's and father's responsibility.

All the facts are known. A man is known by his fruit. Read your thread David. You clearly made known your intentions to your family, this Ministry and to God. Simply, you said, No God, I will not lay down my life.

Her situation is NOT critical nor anything God, her Father is not able to take care of. Her situation is things that have nothing to do with her.

Obviously not

How arrogant. If it were not for Looney, your family would have been destitute long ago. You left them destitute emotionally and spiritually. AND YOU KNOW IT, David.

You CAN change, David. It is still your choice.

Do not be deceived that you get to blame Looney for sending you away when you know in your heart, you sent her away from you a long time ago. A real man would admit that he failed his wife. YOU begged for a divorce by your withdrawal of love and clear passivity (you refused to own), and then blame others for it. Your definition of what God's Word says about divorce is quite lacking.

Divorce is not just about a piece of paper it is showing the true spiritual condition of a man who is hardened and unrepentant.

A man who knows he is guilty is the man who always cries condemnation. The man who knows the grace of God already knows he is following the Lord and can not be accused.

You can repent and confess truthfully your sin AND to be cleansed from your shame and guilty conscience.

Live under the grace God wants to give you by living a HOLY and mature life. That, means being a man and Godly husband. Period.

Kimberly

Edited by Pure in Heart

I really don't want to get into he said she said here, but 1SM is leaving out a few pertinent facts. He may have forgotten them - I don't know.

I did have things under control financially until I started missing work last summer. When he got notification that the mortgage was behind, he asked me what was going on. I told him that I'd been missing work due to health issues and that I had a plan for catching up. He did not ask what was wrong with me, nor did he offer to send any money. Maybe he had the "ability" to help, but he never acted on it. I did work out my plan and I did have it pretty much caught up by the end of the year.

Fast forward to earlier this year. He called again to ask about the mortgage. I told him that I'd been missing a LOT of work, and I was doing the best I could. I did remind him that when he left he pulled $1800 per month out of the budget, and suggested that even he might have trouble making it work. Again, no offer to send money or help in any way.

The comment to "stay out of my life" was after a nasty, abusive phone call. What I actually said was that I was not interested in hearing his thoughts if they were going to continue along the same lines. He was welcome to text or email if he needed to share information, but I did not want to hear anything about how J&K were wrong and that I was "deceived," and I had no desire to have any more conversations like that one.

You could have brought your daughter a birthday present and card and mailed it

To be totally clear - I know I said this on the message board thread, but I don't think I did on my thread - he did mail her a card and some money. Brandon's arrived today (his birthday is Friday). I will give credit where it's due. The kids appreciate the gifts but feel like he is doing it because he is supposed to - just a check mark in the "good dad" column. He has no real relationship with any of them. He rarely calls them, and they don't call him unless they need computer help. They are all old enough that their relationship with their dad is up to them. I have told them that they can communicate with him at any time, and if they'd like to see him I will do what I can to make that happen. They have never asked. Whether 1SM believes it or not, if he does call and the kids see that it's him, they choose not to pick it up. I don't have to "poison the kids against him." He did that all by himself.

I'm not saying this because I feel the need to defend myself - you guys know me, much better than 1SM ever did. I'm saying it because I have this crazy idea that maybe, just maybe, 1SM will admit and deal with the actual truth and not just his version of it. I'm not really holding out a lot of hope. 1SM's pride and arrogance need to be broken before he will be able to see the real truth, and there's no evidence of that happening. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

David,

You have some awesome ministry being poured out to you here. Kimberly's posts are so heartfelt and full of scripture, June is pouring her heart out to help find things for you - and C2's post is SO poignant. C2... would you please copy and paste this over into your praise report topic and your favorite posts by C2?

1savedman, I hear in that sentence a desire on your part, a hope, a spark, just waiting for your once bride to make the first move.

My husband was once in the same spot. In the two or three years your heart has been moving away from your bride my husband has been taking a journey to get to know my heart.

Two years into this we are still together. And instead of fighting, we are thriving. Two years into this, DW has broken the code. This whole thing was a mystery to him. It was Looney, Joel & Kathy, myself, and the many many helpers who cared enough to confront him in love. Wow what a journey!

The biggest difference between you, 1savedman, and my husband, DW, is DW stuck with it. He did what he could not understand and now he can understand what he could not see.

He changed. AND THEN I CHANGED! He didn’t go part way. He went all the way.

Our home has gone from one of constant strife to one of peace and love and HE PURSUES ME! He did not realize he had control over the entire climate of our household. If he sows good he gets good. If he sows bad he gets bad.

Would you be willing to take a journey and trust that there may be something Looney and Joel & Kathy and the helpers can see right now and for the moment you can’t see? Some of what we say sounds harsh, but man, DW and all the men who made it to the other side took the hit and so can you.

God has something really great waiting for you but the journey is rocky and tough and frightening but when you get to the end it is like walking out into a meadow full of wildflowers and sunrays. It’s magical and glowing and waiting there just for you.

David - I have to add that while Christ was rejected, he still gave.. His LIFE. You were not rejected by your wife.. you did indeed reject her. Changing history is not going to help you - but that is not what is important to me right now.

What is important is that you can now make the investment of your life into your wife and children now.

From a song by Servant years ago: The time is now.. soon it will be dark and no work can be done.. Now is the time.. light the spark and the battle will be won.

The battle is to overcome the inertia that has held on to your soul. I bind the devil in Jesus' name and rebuke that spirit of passivity that has held you bound for all of these years. Be free in Jesus' name. Rise up, Christ within David, and David, with Christ's help, make yourself into a man.

Would a man not pour his life out in support and help toward his wife and children? Even if she were to SAY "I don't want your help" - would a MAN turn his back and say "fine"? No. Did we ask Jesus to give His life for us? No. Jesus did what he needed to do. He gave. He gave some more. He gave some more.

Your wife is free - but that does not let you off the hook to pursuing God by doing what is right on planet earth.. supporting your wife and children financially, emotionally, spiritually.

You have friends here.

Hi'ya David...

my name's Michael and my life has been forever blessed and changed by the prayers and direction of

the folks here; i stumbled upon your thread after being told about you...your wife, Looney, has

impacted my life beyond what i'll ever be able to repay her. She, along with a few others, has

provided guidence and direction for a journey that i began about 19 months ago to finally strip

myself of my immaturity and finally shake the fears of my insecurities and forge ahead into what

God has called me to become; a man after His heart.

From what i've read David, you've come and gone from her a few times; you dispise gossip, you are

challenged and irritated, and you don't feel you are calling the shots, just responding to them...

how am i doin?

I'm throwin this out there cuz as a guy who was once in your same shoes...i get it! I can literally

feel the goose-bumps on my arms rise as i read your replies to some of the posts;

Enough already! What don't you people understand! SHE TOLD ME TO STAY OUT OF HER LIFE. And that's what I was doing.
That was me...i may have uttered these very same words!!

It's odd to think that guys all over the country are saying the same things sometimes, but they are...

cuz so many of us are caught in the madness of immaturity and the frustration of control. You have what

it takes to be the man God has called you to be. Period. "Enough already!"...that's what men say...and

that's how they say it!

Men lead. They make command decisions. They command. A wise man will consult Almighty God for direction,

but will then follow those instructions to victory. Listen brother, Looney doesn't want you to stay out

of her life...she wants the immature man to stay out; she wants you to become...grow into...evolve...

transform into the man of her dreams! :blink: ...Weird huh!?!? Read it again...she doesn't want YOU

TO STAY OUT OF HER LIFE...SHE WANTS THE IMMATURE MAN TO STAY OUT...SHE WANTS YOU TO BECOME THE MAN OF

HER DREAMS" She married you because she had that God-given instinct that women have...that knowing...

that feeling...that intuition that you were it! YOU ARE THE MAN...who was to become the man God

called upon to fulfill her dreams, and in doing so, would make your life immeasureably wonderful!...

But here's the catch...you must sign up first.

Then what? I certainly can't do anything about that. When I had the ability to help, she flatly refused. She told me she had it all under control.

Actually, you are the only one who can do anything...you are the husband. You've been given that

special honor...that covenant blessing by God to make it right for her. Your greatest dreams and

immagination for an amazing life a actually for the taking and they are locked up inside of Looney's

heart. Unleash her heart...free her spirit to soar with the winds of your love, appreciation,

attention, admiration, and respect....and you sir, will unleash your wildest dreams of a happy and

satisfied life. But you must first decide...to fight!

What to fight?? You have got to fight the internal stuff in you that holds you back; that causes

you to shrink back and say, "that's all i can do"..."i'm just obeying orders". It's your time to

join the battle for Christ's sake; come aboard and put on the uniform of men who have volunteed

themselves into the training program of Christ likeness; laying down our lives for our brides...

laying down our egos...not for the sake of losing ourselves, but for the trade...for the exchange,

for the receiving of God's spirit and His heart. We men need to learn that who we are is

defined in what God says we are...not our wives...not our bosses...not our kids. Our self image

must come from God's opinion of us; the world and everything in it is too motivated by greed and

gain,pain and sorrow, illness and loss to give us an honest appraisal of who we are, so we must

learn to only listen to God's voice. We are men of God; we are the children of the Most High God.

WE are men in the army of God...

This isn't about breaking you down, it's about finally, finally learning who you really are to be.

God put you here for a reason...a reason that you will only discover when you say, "God, i'm

ready...i am fearfully putting my trust in you to help me become the man you've call me to be. I

have no idea what it takes, but i'm willing; lead me, train me, teach me, encourage me, support me.

This night, i want to join the fight for my life...the battle for my inheritance in you...the war

for my destiny which you have prepared for me. I have been unwilling to sacrifice myself for the

honor of becoming all you've prepared me to be, but Lord...please forgive me, and accept me now

into your ranks. Into your garrison...into your platoon of men. I desire to have a heart after

you that is anchored in you...that is defined by you...that is dedicated to you."

David...the namesake of a great warrior and King...pick up your weapons of warfare...lay down

your pride...pick up your implements for this journey and release your fears and concerns. You

can join us on the battlefield ...and win back your destiny...win back your calling...win back

your wife and family. It's not too late...

Your brother in Christ and partner in battle,

Michael

excellent Michael . . . excellent. You are good stuff for these guys . . . so many have such a hard time receiving from the strong women here. You are a gift here Michael.

David, hear him! Because God made YOU to be a gift and a blessing to your family. Learn how . . . for your sake and your families. You really do have the power to do this, through this Christ you say your serve.

Loo is SO worth it and so are YOU David! Do you love her enough to enter this battle? Or will you surrender before you even start (like my ex husband). But you are not an EX yet . . . go slow and get on your knees. What is your GOD saying to you?

Hey David...what's up?

Been a few days since i swung by...how are things?

My days have been pretty crazy...i'm training for a 1/2 marathon and my

dogs are tired...physical training is not only good for the body, but

it really helps the mind. Mile after mile i was free to pray for you

and the other guys who need to pick up their packs and begin this

journey; at this point, this isn't so much about marital restoration

as it is about getting our minds and hearts in shape...what my wife

used to call her "fightin' weight".

Working with eachother as men to get eachother moving in the right

diretion...build some momentum...see God's faithfulness - He will

not let you fail! HE is there...waiting...encouraging...hoping.

His son, Jesus, is there...encouraging, interceeding...strengthening,

and going before us to perpare a road for our success!

Man, i am just so excited for you to get onboard...it will change

your life!! ::clap Six months from today, you wouldn't even

recognize the condition of your heart! You'll see that it truely

is the Goodness of God that calls us to repentance and a new life

in HIM!!

Hit me up with any questions or concerns you have...i'm here!

Strength and Honor brother...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

It has now been six weeks that Looney has received NO paychecks.

What are YOU DOING to provide for your family?

Joel & Kathy posted:

David - I have to add that while Christ was rejected, he still gave.. His LIFE. You were not rejected by your wife.. you did indeed reject her. Changing history is not going to help you - but that is not what is important to me right now.

What is important is that you can now make the investment of your life into your wife and children now.

From a song by Servant years ago: The time is now.. soon it will be dark and no work can be done.. Now is the time.. light the spark and the battle will be won.

The battle is to overcome the inertia that has held on to your soul. I bind the devil in Jesus' name and rebuke that spirit of passivity that has held you bound for all of these years. Be free in Jesus' name. Rise up, Christ within David, and David, with Christ's help, make yourself into a man.

Would a man not pour his life out in support and help toward his wife and children? Even if she were to SAY "I don't want your help" - would a MAN turn his back and say "fine"? No. Did we ask Jesus to give His life for us? No. Jesus did what he needed to do. He gave. He gave some more. He gave some more.

Your wife is free - but that does not let you off the hook to pursuing God by doing what is right on planet earth.. supporting your wife and children financially, emotionally, spiritually.

You have friends here.

Edited by June & Ward

c'mon Dave . . . you come here to read . . . help your family. It is at least ONE way you are able to tangibly make a difference and meet their needs until you decide you want to provide for their other needs. You are still her husband and still a dad. My ex-husband financially provides for us, and goes beyond what he is legally required to do, even though he has chosen to not meet our other needs. But it feels way better than what you are doing . . .

C'mon DAVID!!!!

tell us again -- why aren't you supporting your family financially?????

hmmmmmm?????

would really like to know the reason why

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

I'm just popping in to let everyone know that I won't have internet access at home for . . . well, I don't know how long. I could pay what's owed tomorrow and have it reconnected, but it bills again in a couple of weeks and if I don't have the money they will just shut it off again. I still have no idea when I'm getting a disability check, so after talking to the kids we all agreed that it seems silly to reconnect it if I'm not certain I can keep it on. So if anyone asks where I am, let them know I'm still alive! I'll ask Eeyore to post any significant updates.

I'm already having significant forum withdrawal. I'll pop on when I'm at Melissa's or the library or something, but it will be sporadic.

I love you all.

PS. If anyone paints the place PINK while I'm gone, we're gonna have words!

• 4 weeks later...

found the answer to the question above -- you are using the $$ which should have been to support your family to instead file for divorce

too bad it could not have been BOTH (since you refused to stop focusing on yourSELF)-- because your family is certainly in financial need and LT is definitely need of a NEW husband once these two years are up so that her oxytocin can be increased by a Christlike husband, a Christian man

Your bride is in medical and financial peril and all you seem to do is self-self-self serve

The Lord will see to it that she is fine --

will be praying for your children

am not sure how you can hold your head up in any church circle

deception is a scary thing

June of