God Save My Marriage

It is hard to grasp that I can never return to "my home" again. I spent so much time there that it just felt like a part of who I am. Part of me feels like it is missing. The final chapter on that era of my life has been written and it will never be opened again.
I am crying with you CoH and rejoicing with you on the beginning of your new life.

How is it going? Please update us :D .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Child of Hope:

I am trying to catch up on your developments. In the meantime, I just want to encourage you. I, too, am living in a new place. But God has been sooo good in giving me a new life. Ask Him to guide you to people who will be a support to you. I cannot tell you enough about how good God has been to me and my children in our new home!

Dear God, our heavenly dad who loves us and wants to bless us, child of hope is in so much pain leaving her home. I ask on her behalf that you bless her with immediate connections in her new home. By the end of the week, place another woman into her path who is a kindred spirit, and through her, connect her to a loving church family. In Jesus' name, Amen

Melandash

Dear Aunt Pitty and Melandash,

Thank you so much for those kind words of encouragement and for your prayers! This just has blessed me so much! Melandash, I am looking forward to meeting that woman you prayed about; I have longed for a "kindred spirit" friend to live close to for a long, long time. I have one such friend, but she lives far, far away. Thank you for your sweet prayer for me!

To update, TG and I were on the call tonight. TG is making effort to do the program, and this is very good. It is such a blessing to have a teachable husband , although he can (as he admits) be very stubborn at times.

Meanwhile, I am trying to wade through one box at a time, feeling very overwhelmed by the stacks of boxes around me. I was able to unpack some of my kitchen stuff, but there is just so much to do! I tend to get overwhelmed when things are cluttered around me. The really good thing is that this house has lots more cabinets than my other one did, so that has been really fun so far--figuring out where I want to store things. I have a lot more options here! I just love cabinets!

My brother called today and invited us to come to the skating rink Friday night where he is taking his family. That felt really good to be invited. We now live only an hour and 15 minutes from my brother. So, we will be able for the first time to do things with their family on a regular basis. It will be fun to spend more time with my nieces and nephew.

I hope that TG and I will be able to find a church home, but I am apprehensive about this part of things. I haven't gone to church regularly for a very long time. I'm not even sure where to go to church. And, often, it is hard for me to get motivated to look. We need prayers in this area. I think maybe I will just need to follow TG's lead. I think he has a particular church in mind that he likes. I really want him to step up to the plate as the spiritual leader in our home. I want him to help lead me to the LORD and encourage me spiritually. This is so important to my heart, and I long for TG to do this in our relationship.

I will keep you all updated as time goes on.

Blessings,

childofhope