God Save My Marriage

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hear you two now on your calls..

"Well, as Joel and Kathy say, 'if Joel and Kathy can do it, so can you..' but we have one up on that... 'if WE, Dory and Nemo can do it, you DEFINITELY can do it!' "

Ha! All in fun!

ABSOLUTELY! Great fun!

Hi Dory & Nemo, Just wanted to say thank you for your great advise tonight...What a concept...Call Joel!!! I havent thought to say that since after the intensive...But that is exactly what I need to say...THANK YOU BOTH VERY VERY MUCH!...

I dont even want to reconcile at this point but he continues to pursue me and after reading the book I thought I was more equipped to answer him...but he really needs to reconnect with J&K or Robin to become accountable to someone other than me!

Thank you again,

In His Love,

Lifegiver

Edited by life giver

You are welcome.

You have a tough row to hoe, but you are in a good position phyically and mentally and spiritually to help God affect positive change in his heart. We would ONLY want you reconciled to a CHANGED man, no tot he Medicman we once knew. We do NOT want you ging back to Egypt. Christ came to bring so much more to those who LOVE him.

Nemo has been on a fairly good trek for a few days. (And he enjoys the perks of that even though it isn't something often discussed on an open forum)

He is fairly stressed out about work but isn't bringing too much of that stress home - which is a really good thing.

There isn't alot of time together right now, but when we do touch base, his kisses and hugs have been more emotive as of late. For me, "quality" can cover for a lack of quantity when circumstances dictate as they do right now.

He IS a good man of God, who, just forgets that every once in a while..

Love you Honey! ::love Let's keep it going!

I caught this:

Nemo has been on a fairly good trek for a few days. (And he enjoys the perks of that even though it isn't something often discussed on an open forum)

and I caught this:

his kisses and hugs have been more emotive as of late.

and both made me smile with happiness for you two!

Still having bumps. Tired of FEELING melancholy. Tired of LIVING with a phlegmatic-melancholy.

Taking a break from marriage stuff. Got beautiful kids to love on.

Saw this though it might be worth posting ...

Dying to Self

When you are forgotten, or neglected, or purposely set at naught and you don’t sting and hurt with the insult, but your heart is happy being counted worthy to suffer for Messiah . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When your good is evil spoken of, and when your wishes are crossed, or your advice disregarded, or your opinion ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart, or even defend yourself, but you take it all in patient, loving silence . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When you lovingly and patiently bear any disorder, or irregularity, or annoyance; when you stand face-to-face with waste, folly, extravagance, spiritual insensibility, and you endure it as Yahushua endured . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When you are content with any food, any offering, any climate, any society, any raiment, any interruption by the will of Yahuweh . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When you never care to refer to yourself in conversation, or to record your own good words, or to itch after commendations, and when you can truly love to be unknown . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met, and you can honestly rejoice with him in spirit and feel no envy, or question Yahuweh while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstances . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than yourself, and can humbly submit inwardly as well as outwardly, finding no rebellion or resentment rising up within your heart . . . that is DYING TO SELF.

In these last days, the Spirit would bring us to the cross, that death would bring forth resurrection:

That I may know him
, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made conformable unto his death
; If by any means I might
attain unto the resurrection of the dead
. (Philippians 3:10-11)

ARE YOU DEAD YET?

- Author Unknown

Time to die to self - especially for kids - and let Nemo figure out the marriage stuff. I am so tired of focusing on my marriage. I do feel like I am becoming a shell of a woman. Used here, discarded there, ignored over here. Not happy with my present feelings but I "should be satisfied" in order to DIE TO SELF. right? :(

Oh, dear. I'm sorry.

Maybe you need to get on a conference call... ;)

I know, it's WEARING! Maybe a break won't hurt anyway.

Time to die to self - especially for kids - and let Nemo figure out the marriage stuff.

Probably that IS the answer for now. Shut down, for awhile, maybe?

Dory, have you considered getting on the call tonight? You two are always sharing your strength. It is your turn to get some back.

C2

Soccer game until 6pm, then piano lesson after supper.

sigh . . . 4 teens, ages 11 thru 18...

loving them though. They will, one day, be the greatest of friends. Awesome kids!

Just saw TWO GREAT movies in the last 5 days!

BOTH ARE AWESOME and foundational to this teaching here. Moreover, foundational to God's word.

Seven Days in Utopia came out Sept 2nd and will likely fade fast because of its Christian underpinnings. So GO FAST to see it if you haven't already! Robert Duvall does a fantastic job taking a young athlete under his wing and helping him understand manhood. Other very good role models - even for helpmeets - are in this movie.

also. . .

Courageous comes out Sept 30th. We got to see a sneak preview of it last night. This movie is just plain unbashedly honest. The makers of this movie get a STANDING ::clap OVATION from us for having the courage to put a movie out there with this much humor, action, peril and TRUTH!

MEN and WOMEN alike, go see BOTH of them if you can! Click on links above for short preview.