God Save My Marriage

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob says that we could put him in with our Beta, but he'll probably get eaten! ????

Nemo,

My friend needs some big time blessings, which will lead into long term healing! Hoping and praying that you are gonna figure out how to do this, sooner, rather than later!

Praying for you, both!

Kay

Well, Nemo managed to relocate his heart and gave me a piece of it last night. Four days straight of pain is too much for this old heart to handle. Sure all the things he was doing were clueless, but the fish had to CHECK OUT to DO these clueless things, right? Then his puppy dog woe-is-me I-can't-do-anything-right attitude just puts the icing on the cake.

Thrusday -he didn't listen; didn't care to clarify regarding kid appointment coordination and supper plans. Made life more difficult for 7 people because of it.

Friday - he didn't listen; didn't follow thru. Consequently had to find keys under bleachers WITHOUT a flashlight. Blew a perfect recovery opportunity from the previous night opportunity even AFTER I spelled it out to him on the phone - "bring a flashlight".

Saturday - decided to reward himself and teach the principle of setting aside chores and homework in lieu of "watching a movie when mom leaves" to our youngest and laziest child/boy

Sunday - finally revealed a month long secret he held from me regarding boyfriend of our oldest daughter

These actions DO NOT make me feel like I am a priority in a one-flesh arrangement. He is off to the air-show today with the youngest boy and I am actually relieved that he is gone. Maybe I can get some carpets cleaned.

All my deepest wounds have been retouched by him in machine gun fashion. sigh...

All my deepest wounds have been retouched by him in machine gun fashion. sigh...

So sorry to hear this, Dory.

Tough week.

I don't know why they (the men) don't seem to get the whole idea of re opening past wounds when they are in the "off" mode.

In the "on" mode, Snookster gets the whole idea of painful past wounds...but in the "off" mode, I feel like I'm talking to a wall when relating the pain of past wounds.

I feel you, though.

I will pray for you today!

Take Care,

Julie

Dory, I am so sorry for your pain and so sorry that your H was the cause and not the healer of it.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

As Looney so perfectly stated, it has been a bad week for many :( . This week will be better, I am sure of it :) .

Dory, I have been a little out of touch this weekend, so I missed your post. Sorry that your week went lousy. Ours went pretty badly, too, for a while there. I would say that it must be something in the water, but then again, you two are the only ones in it! :rotfl:

But seriously, rest and let that man of yours bless you. Tell him what you need, and await the good things that are going to come your way. (And if he does not step up and listen to your heart, Looney and I will drive down there with the cattle prod and get his attention for you!)

The connection in the ministry here on the forums and phone calls is indeed proving transformational and ongoing life changing for many couples who otherwise would have had the message end up on the trash heap of "yes, we did that back in 2007" or something along those lines.

We still have people who get their miracles just with the books or the books and the dvd or the books, DVD and intensive - but we are always still personally disappointed when they go their merry way - and don't plug in to help others "come out of the fire". (See the post that we just put up in the "first time visitors" section - we added to the "vision verse for the ministry" topic.)

This is a ministry - an awesome and life changing ministry. The calls and the forum. It is no problem that a local church does not accept and embrace the message and/or does not open the church up to having you (speaking to all of our readers) to share the message at the church.

Truly, this is a world-wide ministry. If we were to have tried to work the ministry on a local basis, we also would have gotten VERY frustrated.

People have to be HURTING and HUNGRY and desperate to embrace a message that brings true change.

Remember our story about "two men in the same room". When we went to Colorado for that class that kicked us off in the right direction in 1994, we were taken there by our then-pastor. He rejected the message. We moved. Lost touch. 11 years later, our book had sold about 2000 copies and we had been enjoying a progressively increasingly happy marriage for that 11 years. That Pastor who rejected the message? His wife ended up losing her mind, becoming a "bag lady" on the streets of West Virginia - toting everything she owned in a grocery cart.

Yes, he did rescue her off the streets after six months and they started to recover. But at what cost did it take for him to FINALLY wake up! He lost his wife to the streets. Lost his large church. Lost almost everything.

When we met with them in 2006, after he rescued her, he could only say, "I finally realize it is all about me loving my wife." He still could not admit that he was wrong about his idiotic insistence in 1994 that "the husband is the leader and the wife is supposed to submit and follow his leadership."

Don't get hung up on those who won't let you minister to them locally.

We have THREE, count them THREE local couples who know us, they know they could hang out with us every Sunday at our church, they could read our books, they could apply theirselves to living this life - but all three just live their lives. One of those couples got a divorce, one of those couples had double emotional affairs and one of those couples had a husband who went all the way to a physical affair.

At the same time, we do have some local couples who plugged in and are doing wonderfully. Doug and Kelley Matton are close, local friends and there are others who are not on the forum.

We are at Jay and Christy's house right now. Long term friends who got their miracle. She posts occasionally. (flbeliever I think is her screen name).

However, if we were to focus on our local area, we would get very frustrated. We have run ads for marriage seminars and received maybe four or five calls - when there are hundreds and hundreds of troubled marriages.

Pastors and churches know about our ministry - but they don't reach out for help.

This is a ministry that reaches out to an entire world via the internet, word of mouth and people find us through so many different vehicles.

You all are here to help us help them! You are coming out of the fire. We are holding your front hand and with your back hand, you are reaching out to others and pulling them out of the fire, towards a happy place, with you.

Leah was correct - taking a night each week to minister to a couple local couples who may or may not get it, compared to ministering to 30-50 couples on a nationwide call and on the forum? - you post once and it can be seen by hundreds over the next few years.

So - DO introduce people locally. Do pass out books. Do talk to pastors. But don't get hurt or hung up on the response. Those who are ready will receive.

Well, we have THREE couples too, no make that FOUR couples locally that could get together ... er... depending on how far out one considers "local", then maybe FIVE... do I hear a SIX???? 'We', Dory and Nemo, make SIX.

We are hoping to have an outdoor cookout at our place on Sept 27th.

And our locals include: Joyce and Don, Eeyore and HerDensity, Looney and 1Savedman, Leah and hubby, and even Taz and freej (if they are local to Looney). All are invited, plus any others who consider themselves close to Northern Ohio. PM me for exact details if you are interested in coming.

Ha, went to a Christian book sale yesterday at our kid's school and saw this book...

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=22756#customer_reviews

anyone read this?

And our locals include: Joyce and Don, Eeyore and HerDensity, Looney and 1Savedman, Leah and hubby, and even Taz and freej (if they are local to Looney). All are invited, plus any others who consider themselves close to Northern Ohio. PM me for exact details if you are interested in coming.

I wanna come!!!!! But don't know if we can fit that in.... :oops: