God Save My Marriage

Free Dog and Chrystal - working towards an OHM

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so cool! I can treat my wife like crap, acting like she is overly sensitive ogre and I am her victim; then I can come and post and everyone can see clearly how godly I am ha,ha, I am the winner every time.

Hi FreeDog - I read Crystal's post this morning as well so I hear where this is coming from.  As a man still working to win my wife's heart back I see how this forum can be used in that manner she spoke about.  I continue to have evaluate my posts, words, actions as I see how they can come off controlling and  manipulative, not telling the whole story.  Even if the motive/intention is good it can backfire on us.  Check yourself to see if it is a blessing to your wife or not.  Take a moment to reflect on Romans 12:3.  I am glad you both are engaged in the ministry.

I am praying for you both as you are one of the regular couples I see on this forum restored.  Let this be a bump and bless your wife with loving kindness tonight.  Remember a lot of us men working to win our wives hearts back are not  in a place to give hugs and kisses and your wife openly wants them from you.  Be a man your wife respects and adores.  We are here to encourage you on the journey.  To God be the glory!

That's awesome FreeDog. Now continue to say that 1000 more times and you are good to go. :).

Seriously, as you continue to say it and not JUST say it, but THINK about what your saying, it WILL become who you are. You will find it easier to do THAT!!!

BE he source of life and strength.

You get the privilege of being an extension of Heaven into her world. As you do, you get healed and grow up, she gets healed and grows, and you both begin to be more of a team looking like Christ and the Bride. Yay!!!

The Reward at the end of the day is worth it. :).

Kathy is awesome! I am Kathy's source of strength/source of life, I love Kathy! 

It is wonderful for a wife to have both her husband and the Lord to draw life and strength from!

Receiving that from her husband makes her relationship with the Lord all that much more rich and real.

You need me BECAUSE you can be quite immature?  That hurts me. I always hope that there could be some other reason why my husband needs me..  Thank you for posting a reminder that you are a source of life or death to me, your wife.  When you take charge of what you know, you are my hero, but it hurts when you yank it away with your immaturity.  Don't do that again.  You need me because you can be a real true man of God with me and that's a gift and privilege that you take for granted.