God Save My Marriage

Coal is one of the ugliest fragile "rocks" and to most, only good to burn.

Pressurize this same mineral and the molecules began to align in a uniform crystalline formations. These internal structures account for this mineral being the hardest, most valuable, most beautiful mineral known to man.

Shine On my Diamond brother!

In Honor and Truth

Michael

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You goofballs!

Good thing my ego has been extricated and my only thoughts are how much i've been blessed by

your company and God's wisdom. This has been a process of horrendous pressure and change.

Loo, i owe you a great debt of appreciation and gratitude...i'm still a lump under the ground,

but for the first time i am believing that that's not how God made me...it's just how i came

out. The part about the changing...well, that was supposed to have been my job years ago and

i missed the onramp.

AZMike...may God continue to Bless you brother! I am so encouraged by your words and the

ministering you do here...i'll think i'll just start drafting off ya!

Well, the little ones are finally asleep...let's see who we can help!

G'nite!

IHI

I woke a little down today...

Possibly feeling a little self-pity and loneliness...(i had an amazing weekend with my four

children and the silence of my home just wasn't a welcomed sound this morning...but that's

my issue and my cause/effect to deal with).

Actually...not "possibly", but rather certainly <_ . i needed to pick myself up and get>

going, but i just lacked the zeal. My morning prayer was more of a confession of my need

for His grace,forgiveness, mercy, strength, wisdom, patience, joy, and love.

i am re-learning that i am merely a tool...an instrument...an untensil of the Lord's handiwork

to be used for His bidding. My preparation for use by Him is my responsibility...if my

election is to be used by Him...then i must prepare myself. Like the Levitical priests of the

Old Testament, it's a process and a preparation to ready myself to be used.

So, pulling back the shroud of sorrow...i got my coffee and turned on the Daily Audio Bible.

Brothers....God's Word is essential to our daily victory over our flesh.

Without the Holy Spirit infusing and infilling our spirit, we are just men fighting a spiritual

battle in physical way. Brian Harding so gracefully spoke of God's unrelenting pursuit of our

hearts. God is after our hearts to completely capture us...He knows what we need. He created

us for His purpose. He has blessed us with His blessing...so today, i reached out for it.

I would therefore, encourage you to seek His presence...seek His heart...seek His will!

God is there and waiting; when we draw nearer to Him...He will allow us to find Him.

God Bless you as you seek Him.

IHI

Praise the Lord of Heaven and Earth!!!

Guys, i gotta tell ya...i am, today, a living example of God's grace, mercy, forgiveness and protection!!! After work yesterday, i was on my way to pick the kiddos up for swimming lessons....

?? Why does God allow terrible things to happen? Answer; because He knows all and is protecting us...and teaching us....and training us...and maturing us.

So, as i sat...foot on break...in traffic, i was waiting like so many others for the slow procession of traffic to get us to where we needed, when all of a sudden...WHAM...SLAM...then WHAM...SLAM again!!! i got rear-ended by a suv going about 40 mph...never saw it hit...never saw him coming! Then, a split second later, ....WHAM...SLAM......i flew into the suburban in front of me...

The car is totalled....

the car is crumpled....

the car is gonner, but i opened the door and walked out.

Searing pain in my back and neck and left shoulder and left leg...

holy burning fire, Batman! I was nausious with pain,

but i got out!....and walked...Praise God!

so...why did God allow this? Don't know, don't care....i am too busy praising Him!!! For one thing...My kids were not in the car...i didn't hit the windshield...the car had a full tank of gas and nothing leaked...and although i went straight to the ER for xrays and testing...nothing is broken!! And oh...and my tags were due this month and i hadn't spent the $$ on them yet!!! :huh: :rolleyes:

Granted....i am one seriously whip-lashed dude right now and this is written under protection of heavy pain killers, but i had to share it...I have so many wonderful things to be grateful for! Perhaps the biggest is this;

I called S to let her know i wouldn't be coming for the kiddos adn she needed to take them, and quess what?? All you romantics know the answer, but yes, she came straight down to me. As they strapped me down in the ambulance, she came to let me know she was gonna be at the hospital..she was there til i was discharged 4 hours later. Then drove me home... :eyes:

I thanked her as best i could under medication...and then fell right to sleep.

Thank you Lord...thank you for making me strong enough to take the impact of that truck and rebound of the suburban...thank you none of my kids were hurt...thank you that i can walk today! I will forever praise you..

Oh, one more small detail....

so while i am trying to reach S, she is not answering the phone b/c she is on the phone w/her mom: S's dad in on his way to emergency room for appendicitis...I'm so glad she chose to come and be with me....i'm not reading into it except that i am so grateful she allowed my kids to be with me...

Giving Him all honor and praise!

Michael

Brother Mike

I am so glad you are okay. Satan has really had his eyes on this ministry and is trying to pick us off one by one. It seems to go in phases. We get a barrage , then it's quiet dor a bit. Then another onslaugt. Thank you for staying true, you are an inspiration to is all.

Love. TimothyPaul

Wow! Really glad you are ok.

I am going through the same, happened July 16 when I was taking my daughter to camp. Stopped on the highway for construction and hear an impact behind me but before I can move up wap! the car behind me wacks in my car.

Thank Heavens we were both ok and the car was driveable AND the lady in back had insurance.

Thanks Chrys...

I'm praising God with ya!!!

Wow! Really glad you are ok.

I am going through the same, happened July 16 when I was taking my daughter to camp. Stopped on the highway for construction and hear an impact behind me but before I can move up wap! the car behind me wacks in my car.

Thank Heavens we were both ok and the car was driveable AND the lady in back had insurance.

The car collapsed around me and i got tossed pretty hard, but all in all...a couple of months of recovery and some pt/chiropractic and i should be as right as rain! So glad you and your little one were protected.

Blessings,

IHI

::clap Thank you TP!....he picked the wrong guy to upset!

Brother Mike

I am so glad you are okay. Satan has really had his eyes on this ministry and is trying to pick us off one by one. It seems to go in phases. We get a barrage , then it's quiet dor a bit. Then another onslaugt. Thank you for staying true, you are an inspiration to is all.

Love. TimothyPaul

It's moments like this one that cause the devil a little joy due to his destructive nature being tickled...he sees blood, chaos, havic, and tears and thinks he's gonna get the God fearers to get angry at their Lord, but what satan has never understood is the heart of God. He underestimated God's character and love, HIs mercy and grace...events like this only serve to fire God's people up and sharpen their swords sooner, get up earlier for prayer, read another post and stay up later...

silly satan, our praises are for God Almighty!

InHisImage

Praise God you are alright Michael,

I think God gave you a chance to see S's heart to encourage you. I know I would see glimpses of my wife's heart from time to time and it would keep me going just one more day. I truly believe this was God's design to keep me from giving up entirely.

I have learned not to pray what I want to happen but instead to pray for God's will. When I did this I felt peace with what ever happened even when I couldn't see anything good going to happen. He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. With this we rest.

In Honor and Truth

Michael

PS

the car? it's just a thing - it's not about us but it is about relationships - With God and with each other, in a nut shell.

Chrys,

It sounds like a little bump, but please try to get yourself and daughter looked at asap. One thing that is often forgotten by folks is that these injuries will become increasingly symptomatic as the weeks pass up to about 3 months. Usually by then, you become aware of all the bumps and bruises.

Thanks, my car is in the shop now. I haven't started the physical therapy yet, dreading it, but my injuries and property damage were minuscule compared to yours! hope you are feeling better.

Thank you...i will feel better! I have two more 1/2 marathons to run inthe next 3 months!...there's not time for getting sidelined!

In His Strength and for His Honor!

Michael

Thanks Mike!

Praise God you are alright Michael,

I think God gave you a chance to see S's heart to encourage you. I know I would see glimpses of my wife's heart from time to time and it would keep me going just one more day. I truly believe this was God's design to keep me from giving up entirely.

I think you are right...when we were on the phone, she insisted that she come to the accident and I was trying to say "no" cuz i knew that they were going to take me to the same hospital that S had sustained her attack and lost the baby just a couple of years ago. The stress and strain of that situation coupled with the accident and totalling of my car would have been too much for her.

In light of this i wanted to see her...and not put her on edge, but i didn't know what to do. Then the Holy Spirit just whispered...'St. Francis hospital"...it was like a faint howl in the distant wind...i asked the medic to take me 10 minutes farther away to a hospital other than the closest one to save her the trauma of going back to where her assault had happened....that was God's grace on me for sure. He agreed...she stayed with me the whole time and later expressed her surprise that we didn't go to the closest hospital...i confessed what conversation i had, and she was very grateful ::love

I have learned not to pray what I want to happen but instead to pray for God's will. When I did this I felt peace with what ever happened even when I couldn't see anything good going to happen. He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. With this we rest.

This is wisdom...once the root of selfishness has been removed, it becomes the way to pray. To seek the Father's will, not our own. He granted me the opportunity to see her heart towards me and there wasnt much there...but there was a whole lot more than i expected. Funny thing...she just arrived with the kids and dropped off a bunch of easyto-cook food for me... :wub:

the car? it's just a thing - it's not about us but it is about relationships - With God and with each other, in a nut shell.

Here's something i forgot to mention earlier....i was thinking about how i was gonna get a new-used car cuz mine wasnt' big enough...i have been waiting on the Lord to create the right situation to get the car He wants me to have and follow His lead...I guess this means He is ready for me to move!

Oh, How HE loves you and me!

IHI

A new or new-to-you car will be nice to have!

And look for opportunities to share the marriage ministry with people as you are getting treatments etc!... thank you for spreading the Word!

Small theology lesson.. but big meaning? If I may? - God doesn't "cause" or "allow" bad things to happen. Things happen. Period. Good things and bad things. Good things and bad things happen to good people and bad people. The Bible says that it "rains on the just and the unjust alike."

God didn't "cause" or "allow" the twin towers tragedy.

God didn't "cause" or "allow" Shekinah to die from the medical accident.

God didn't "cause" or "allow" the car wrecks.

Things happen.. and sometimes those things are good, great and wonderful! - and sometimes they are a BUMMER.

Our character is developed as we stay focused on God, on the Word, on walking in love, on forgiving those who trespass against us - and as we keep our mind on God's goodness. God's goodness is His GLORY - Jesus came to give LIFE and life more abundantly. Jesus was manifested for THIS purpose: to destroy the works of the evil one.

Pain? Suffering? Death? Murder? These are all works of the enemy or at best, just situations in life that just "happen" - just like rain happens.

The car wreck just "happened". God's miracle is that you were not hurt worse and that your children were not in the car.

Poor God. He gets blamed for just about everything! :o

But - even though the theology might be a bit muddled.. your heart is RIGHT - and THAT is what COUNTS. God looks "to and fro through out the earth for those whose HEARTS are right toward him!" He does not look to and fro through the earth to find those whose THEOLOGY is right!

Keep that heart right. Your heart is refreshing. Hopefully my short theology lesson will just help your view of God to be more accurate. I would rather have someone with a pure heart and a muddled view of God theologically than to have someone with perfect theology but has hate or division in their heart any day.

Add better theology with a "right" heart? Now THAT is a goal worth shootin' for!

Hey there J&K,

Thank you for sharpening my sword!

I am in complete agreement in regards to "allow & cause"; the words were wrong coming out and i knew it...known it for years, but i was 'slangin" it. Your lesson has landed on good soil and i'll just be that much sharper next time.

God does get blamed for a lot of junk...things...events. We have to tell folks that "it happens" and that our hearts response is what God is looking for.

Oh btw, i have planted a seed for my brother and sis-in-law to come to an intensive. Please add Rob & Shelly to your prayer list for attendees. Rob has read the 1st book and Shelly is now reading #1: Rob is coming up on saturday and i'm gonna give him my #2 book...

Love you guys! Spreading the message everywhere i can...actually, i take that back. I only share the message with guys who i meet and are having issues. Its safer!

Our character is developed as we stay focused on God, on the Word, on walking in love, on forgiving those who trespass against us - and as we keep our mind on God's goodness. God's goodness is His GLORY - Jesus came to give LIFE and life more abundantly. Jesus was manifested for THIS purpose: to destroy the works of the evil one.

.....HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...Where's my sword!!!Shall we pursue them Lord?...Indeed, we shall!

God's miracle is that you were not hurt worse and that your children were not in the car.

Amen, Aaaamen, AMEN, AMEN!. Come-on and sing it with me...A-aaaamen, AAAmen, A-a-amen,amen, amen!!

your heart is RIGHT - and THAT is what COUNTS. God looks "to and fro through out the earth for those whose HEARTS are right toward him!" He does not look to and fro through the earth to find those whose THEOLOGY is right!

Keep that heart right. Your heart is refreshing. Hopefully my short theology lesson will just help your view of God to be more accurate. I would rather have someone with a pure heart and a muddled view of God theologically than to have someone with perfect theology but has hate or division in their heart any day.

Add better theology with a "right" heart? Now THAT is a goal worth shootin' for!

That's right...thats a good bulls-eye to shoot for!

Thanks for the teachin'!

In Him,

Michael

Michael,

It brings pure joy to my heart watching you chase after our Lord with everything you have in you. I have always known, since your very beginning here, you were destined for great things. Our God is such a loving God. He wants nothing more than to love us. That is it. How amazing is that. The only thing that stops us from having a "real" relationship is us. Everytime I think about how much He loves me, tears always come. I searched my entire life for someone to love me to my core. I looked everywhere but up. When I finally allowed Him inside, it was the most beautiful thing I could ever experience. I am seeing you do the same thing. It's beautiful Michael. He never left you. He never stopped loving you. As a matter of fact He loves you more right now than He ever has.

I sit here thanking Him for showing you Him. This world is a awful place Michael and it is our responsibility as Christian men to lead those who do not know to Him. It will be a life time battle but you are now ready. You have become a man. You have become an example of Christ-likeness. You have become battle ready. You are a warrior Michael. One that I would trust with my life in your hands. I am honored to stand beside you with my sword drawn ready to follow a true man of God.

God Bless

David

Edited by For Him For Her

David,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. My heart is reaching a place where He is my fullness of joy! He is my Father who loves me..HE is my light and my salvation...the one in whom I trust! I have purposed to let love be my guide. Often...very often...just a song of praise fills my heart with joy and my eyes with tears. I understand you completely!!! ...i have finally looked up and found the love i always needed.

When I finally allowed Him inside, it was the most beautiful thing I could ever experience. I am seeing you do the same thing. It's beautiful Michael. He never left you. He never stopped loving you. As a matter of fact He loves you more right now than He ever has.
Thank you brother...the road has been lonely and at times rough. You are right...He's never left me for dead or abandoned me...the lack of relationship was always as a result of my sin keeping me from His Holy presence and my attitude keeping from giving Him rightful position in my life.

I sit here thanking Him for showing you Him. This world is a awful place Michael and it is our responsibility as Christian men to lead those who do not know to Him. It will be a life time battle but you are now ready. You have become a man. You have become an example of Christ-likeness. You have become battle ready. You are a warrior Michael. One that I would trust with my life in your hands. I am honored to stand beside you with my sword drawn ready to follow a true man of God.

God Bless

David

Thank you brother...i am ready for this life-long battle. I have faced my giants...wrestled in the dark...prayed through til the dawn...and cried myself to sleep; only to find that His loving arms were there waiting for me the whole time. If my Father would like to use my life as an example to other men...even as a "what not to do" for certain parts, then i would be more than willing to share it all. God will be praised! God will be honored! For His Son has set us free, and we are free indeed!

May God continue to bless you David...He has given you a spirit of gentleness and strength that is so needed in our day and time!

By your side,

Michael

Thank you guys for your faithfulness. Hey David - that post 1145 should be copied and put into your "favorite posts by various authors" topic. If you don't have one, start one up! Hi Michael - we are very glad to have you back and posting regular. I wish above all things that you and For Him, For Her would have restorations in the marriages - but outside of that, the consistancy of pressing into the Lord and helping other guys on the road is a wonderful thing for us to watch happening.

Hi There, AZMike - I was thinking that you are Mike from Cincinatti - but I noticed that your signature says that your wife came home.. so that means that you are not the Mike I was thinking of! Would you send me an email and refresh my memory? Sorry that I had you confused with our other Mike! joelandkathy4@aol.com

Hi There, AZMike - I was thinking that you are Mike from Cincinatti - but I noticed that your signature says that your wife came home.. so that means that you are not the Mike I was thinking of! Would you send me an email and refresh my memory? Sorry that I had you confused with our other Mike! joelandkathy4@aol.com

Hi there, In His Image - We don't pay a lot of attention to this - and there may be some others who we need to promote.. but I am thinking about you right now. We are going to make you a "helper". You should be able to access our helpers section going forward.

ummmmmm.... :blink: ...this reminds me of the last few pages of "The Way of the Wild Heart" by John Elderidge when he realizes that he had to lead a team up the 1000 foot ice climb of the top of the Prow...numb...questioning...numb again...

thank you...it is more than an a priviledge to be able to share my failings and victories with the men on this forum. I'll continue to help each and everyone that God brings into my path..."God please give me wisdom; to hear you more clearly and speak your words to the hearts and minds that need to hear"...

J&K, it's an honor to help in this ministry's mission and purpose, i'll do my best!

May my efforts continue to lift up the name of Jesus...

In Him,

Michael