God Save My Marriage

Life in the Looney Bin!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Lifegiver. I'll take all the prayer I can get!

I get enough pink exposure at your house, baby sis, to last me the whole week! I used your pink laptop, I folded at least two pink towels, I saw your daughter wearing a pink shirt, and I washed a pink cup! Oh yeah, and Izzy-bug has a pink collar, which I put on and off her about a dozen times. Personally, I think second hand pink is almost as dangerous as the real thing, but nobody's done a study on that yet. I don't think I wanna take any chances, though. :blink: :P :rotfl:

So I saw my rheumatologist Friday for a follow up. When I went in, I was in the middle of a serious muscle spasm in my neck and a blinding headache. This has happened on and off for the past 10 years or so, but it's getting more frequent. My doc felt sorry for me and gave me a xylocaine/cortisone shot in my neck. It really helped - the headache was down to a dull roar by the time I left the office and was gone completely by that evening. Rheum doc thinks I should talk the neurologist into doing an MRI of my head, and if that's OK then see about botox and then migraine surgery if the botox helps.

Melissa already gets botox for her migraines and is considering the surgery. Wouldn't that be the ultimate girl date - get migraine surgery together and then go out for ice cream! :rotfl:

Looney,

Thank you for your help. Special thanks for posting on the BH thread.

Praying for your ever improving health.

On my way to bed with "strep kid". This the 5th time for him since December. Oldest 3 times. BH once possible second case right now. Twice for me. Can we get a group discount for tonsil removal???

Love,

LRG

I think you should be able to get a group discount. Just make a little extra space in the OR, line the carts up side by side, and the docs can just go down the line.

Saw the neurologist today - I get to have an MRI of my head. He doesn't want to add any more meds, but he wants my regular doc to switch my blood pressure med to propranolol, which is actually a pretty good migraine preventative. It'll be interesting, since I'm probably the only person in the world who takes blood pressure meds prn. If I take it every day, though, my BP drops too low. I just take my BP every morning and then take the med if I need it. The question will be if I can take propranolol every day to prevent migraines and still have a BP above the faint-on-standing level. No way to know but to try it.

Otherwise, not much is going on. My kids have a friend coming to stay for a few weeks, so I doubt I'll see much of them for the rest of the month. They have an anime convention in two weeks, and they'll probably be running around with their friend in between. We still have to get firewood and hay in for winter and get some fencing put up in a couple of places. That's the best thing about the kids having friends over - more slave labor! :P

I think you should be able to get a group discount. Just make a little extra space in the OR, line the carts up side by side, and the docs can just go down the line.

Saw the neurologist today - I get to have an MRI of my head. He doesn't want to add any more meds, but he wants my regular doc to switch my blood pressure med to propranolol, which is actually a pretty good migraine preventative. It'll be interesting, since I'm probably the only person in the world who takes blood pressure meds prn. If I take it every day, though, my BP drops too low. I just take my BP every morning and then take the med if I need it. The question will be if I can take propranolol every day to prevent migraines and still have a BP above the faint-on-standing level. No way to know but to try it.

Otherwise, not much is going on. My kids have a friend coming to stay for a few weeks, so I doubt I'll see much of them for the rest of the month. They have an anime convention in two weeks, and they'll probably be running around with their friend in between. We still have to get firewood and hay in for winter and get some fencing put up in a couple of places. That's the best thing about the kids having friends over - more slave labor! :P

Praying the propanolol will be the key. I have average to low blood pressure. I was able to take that med without any problem for short term anxiety relief. It just might do the trick. Have fun driving those slaves.

Have chiro appointment on Wed at 11:00...will you be around then?

Yes! Do you want to come over, or do you want me to meet you there?

We have a new horse in our barn. Ashley had seen him this spring while helping friends deliver a load of hay to someone. He was severely underweight, out in a pasture all by himself. Turns out the couple who owned him had bought him for their daughter, who quickly lost interest. Apparently she went out and threw him a flake of hay once a day, and that was it. The pasture can't be seen from the house, and the parents never went down to check on the horse until the snow melted. They were debating about putting him down, and Ashley offered to take him. The couple changed their mind and decided to try to get his weight up over the summer. She got a call yesterday that they hadn't had much success and didn't want to try to keep him alive over the winter. He came to us today.

He is an absolute sweetheart, and other than needing to gain about 300 lbs. there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him. I think that most of his problem was just loneliness - horses are herd animals, and don't do well alone - and the fact that his owners, although they seem like nice people, just didn't know what they were doing. Ashley's got his feeding program figured out and the first round of vitamins, probiotics, electrolytes, and alfalfa in him. He seems happy to be in the barn with other horses, and he loves attention. His name is Duke and Ashley's going to keep it - one of the first horses she ever rode was named Duke and she liked him a lot, and this guy reminds her of him.

I know it seems strange that we would want one more mouth to feed right now, but Ashley is buying feed and she is hoping to lease him out next summer, so hopefully he will pay for himself. We've been praying for another horse that can be ridden - we were down to one before Duke came, so if she rode she had to go alone. He should be fine to go on trails next summer.

Other than that, I went to church this morning! Church on a Sunday - who woulda thunk it? :blink: I had given up Sunday church because it messed with my sleep schedule, but now that I'm not working I'm going to give it another whirl. My pastor's wife assured me that they do it every week, so I can try it again. :D

I enjoyed all your news, Looney! I agree, Duke's root problem would have been loneliness. Even PEOPLE don't like it!

I'm glad you and Ashley got him. He'll be alright now!

I'm glad you got to church too. Nice to get that fellowship. WE went too!

Say Hi to Faithworks for me, on Wednesday, OK?

Say Hi to Faithworks for me, on Wednesday, OK?

Will do!

I'm hanging out at Eeyore's today, so I'm going to finish clipping Oreo. I did her face the other day - poor baby couldn't see anymore! - but then I ran out of time. Eeyore told me she looks like her head shrunk. She kinda does, and she's got some long hair around her ears still that's sticking straight up! :rotfl: If anyone saw her now they'd seriously doubt my ability to clip a dog!

I think that when my job pays me all that money they're gonna pay me, I'm going to spend most of my time gardening and working with horses and dogs. I'm also thinking about working on a counseling degree, because I really do enjoy what I do here in the ministry, but I'm not sure about that yet. I'm still looking into it. I might decide that working with this ministry is enough.

[smilie=hi ya!.gif]

How is everybody? I feel like I haven't been on here in a year . . . Erin is no longer working, and without her job I flat out don't have the gas money to be running over to Melissa's every week, so not only am I going through major forum withdrawal, but I'm in serious need of a girl date! <_>

There's really not much going on. We're working on getting ready for winter, which means getting loads of hay and firewood in and getting it all stacked (hopefully when it's not raining!). The situtation with work is still in hurry-up-and-wait mode, and I'm waiting for the state to determine that yes, I do in fact qualify to get some help with electric and groceries.

However, we still have a roof over our heads, and they still haven't come to take my car away, which is a huge miracle in and of itself. We are low on groceries but somehow keep finding things in the cupboards to eat. God is good!

Speaking of eating, Ashley's new four legged munching machine (some people call him a horse) has put on almost 100 lbs in the two weeks she's had him! She's doing a great job with him. Fortunately she's buying the feed, because he certainly is going through a lot of it! He's a sweetheart, though, and seems to be very happy to be with other horses. I swear he must have five years of stories bottled up inside him - every time I go out there, I hear him chattering away to Gypsy and Indy. :D

I don't know when I'll be back on the forum - right now I'm at the library, but that will be hit or miss depending on how much gas is in the tank. I guess you'll all just have to get on the Friday night call and say hi! B)

Anytime you want, girlfriend! I'm not going too many places. I try to make it to church and I occasionally run the kids somewhere, but for the most part I'm home. Come on up!

Cool. "Up" is my favorite direction! If tomorrow is ok, I'll visit then! But I need to leave by 1:45pm to be home for the kids.

Hi Looney!! So nice to see you on here!! I miss having you at my house on a regular basis... but I guess I can't get everything I want, at least not all of the time!

Well, since we might be moving... AGAIN, I will be sure to give you the new address so you can find us!! :rotfl:

And yes, I hold you PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for this move. How many times have you said that you were not going to allow us to move again?? And here we are... Ugh!!

But I know it could be worse. I wish that I could do more to help in your situation... glad that you still have a roof and some wheels (and they are not connected together!) LOL I actually told HD that we should just buy a motorhome to live in!! It would be more stable!

Anyway, I am sure that we will talk later, but I just wanted to pop on and post. Work is pretty slow, and I am alone today, so I probably won't get in trouble! :rolleyes:

PRAYING that I get tomorrow off... if that happens I might invade your time with Dory... but I doubt I will be able to... oh well, a girl can dream, right?

Edited by Eeyore