God Save My Marriage

Life in the Looney Bin!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was planning to escape the lake effect snow this winter by visiting you. Sigh. :unsure:

As long as you're going where God wants you, we'll make it work. I will admit that it will be wonderful having you closer, and who knows what we're gonna end up doing? Besides, we've never let a pesky little thing like geography stop us yet! :D

Actually the barn matches the chicken coop that we already have! (I designed it and Steve built it for me.) It is a "raised center stall barn" or a "monitor barn" (I believe that is what it is called). It is beautiful and almost new!! There is almost NOTHING we would change about the place!! We would need to over-seed the pastures, as they are kinda sparse, but that would not be a problem simce we only have a couple of horses, and there is enough room to rotate pastures.

The place even has an electric (in-ground) fence for the dogs (which we have now and they are all trained on)!!

Well, we would need to paint... (that's okay, I love to paint!)... the room that would be our son's room is purple! :rotfl: But we can fix that! I will post pics once we know that it is "ours" for sure. I have been "counting my chickens before they hatch a lot lately, and it has not been working out so well! :(

I am at Eeyore's helping her pack. They have an agreement to buy the house she found - all that's left is to sign the paperwork. B)

Ashley saw our doc yesterday because she's been throwing up for almost a week. The doc is a bit concerned because it's gone on for so long and she's having NO abdominal pain - you'd expect cramps with viral or bacterial causes. She's taking meds for nausea and reflux over the weekend with instructions to try to eat, but if she's not feeling better by Monday then the doc wants her to have some blood work and a CT of her head. Ashley's a little freaked out - she is NEVER sick, and it's not clear what's wrong with her. The anti-nausea med is helping, but it's only lasting her about six hours instead of the eight it's supposed to, and she said she can tell it's only masking the symptoms. I have a feeling we'll be having that CT done on Monday, so prayer would be appreciated.

Just in case we didn't have enough going on, the baby horse got a hoof abcess (she's better now) and the dog got stung in the mouth by a carpenter bee (she's better too). :rolleyes: It's always something.

I totally forgot to mention that one of the men from church took Brandon and Jesse to the mens retreat this weekend. Apparently the men were being encouraged to bring a high school aged boy with them. Dan only has a daughter, so he asked if he could take both boys. The church paid the $65 fee for both of them. They had a great time. It's held at a local "ranch" that's run by Christians - they rent the place out for retreats and such. They have horses, archery, shooting, etc. The boys talked a lot about who spoke and what each person had to say, so I know they got a lot out of it besides just fun and food (although I hear there was a lot of that too!). They both want to go back next year.

I'm so grateful to God for sending us strong Christian men who are willing to spend time with my children. ::clap

They have horses, archery, shooting, etc. The boys talked a lot about who spoke and what each person had to say, so I know they got a lot out of it besides just fun and food (although I hear there was a lot of that too!). They both want to go back next year.

I'm so grateful to God for sending us strong Christian men who are willing to spend time with my children. clap.gif

Wonderful! Just wonderful. smile.gif

How's Ashley?

And how are you?

Ashley had her CT and blood work yesterday. She was feeling better for a couple of days, but then it all came back again. I peeked over the rad tech's shoulder and didn't see anything on the CT that raised my eyebrows, but that's not my area of expertise so I easily could have missed something. We haven't heard anything yet, and in these cases no news is good news. If all the tests are normal I imagine our doc will send her to GI. And no, she's not pregnant, just to make that clear. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling a little better since my doc went up on my meds, but I'm still having nights where sleep just doesn't happen, and then I can pretty much guarantee a dizzy migraine the next day. Lack of sleep seems to be the biggest trigger. In general, though, I'm not feeling too bad.

I came over to Eeyore's to help celebrate her birthday - ice cream cake and a movie. It's fun to just hang out. :D

She forgot to mention that she made us dinner while I was at the dentist getting a ROOT CANAL!! What an awesome friend!! wub.gif

Friends, family, the Body of Christ! Where would we be without them? smile.gif

It's really nice that you two belong in all three categories, even if genetics isn't involved!

The difference between Try and Triumph is also changing the "y" to "i"....there's something there. Like responsibility, power, I AM, In HIM....

Good point!

I'm glad things are going well. Tell B. I said hi and kiss the dogs for me (please don't get that backwards! :P ).

I'm at HD and Eeyore's along with my youngest two, helping them pack. Well, at least Brandon and I are - Jesse is sick. Another random fever. Sigh. We'll be here at least till the weekend, since my older kids took the van back with them. I am once again at Eeyore's mercy until she takes me back or someone comes to get me. B)

Now if only my head would quit spinning today. It's getting annoying. :wacko: