God Save My Marriage

Life in the Looney Bin!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not loving that my friend is hurting.

Me neither!! (And she won't admit it, but since we love her, we know that she is.)

I wish that I could do more... but I guess sitting here drinking coffee with her is all I can do at the moment. So I shall!! :D

OK, I saw my doc. She agrees that I'm a mess. Actually what she said was, "You're really twisted." :rotfl: I said thanks. ;) She meant my back, though . . . it is clearly not straight, and she thinks that all my pain might be because I'm pinching a sensory nerve. She asked if I'd seen a chiropractor - check. So now I get to have an MRI of my back and go to see some orthopedic guy who she tells me is fantastic. She also gave me some amitriptyline for nerve pain - if it doesn't work for that, at least I will be really happy (amitriptyline is actually a rather high powered antidepressant, but it works for nerve pain too).

I went to pick up my scrip and got some Godiva chocolate for me and Melissa. For some reason I couldn't charge chocolate on my medical card. What's up with that? We all know chocolate is medicinal! :blink:

Oops--forgot to mention...I've taken up eating chocolate again!wink.gif

I have been praying all day, L, and glad your doc is doing something about this pain!

Amitryptiline also promotes drowsiness, but the Godiva chocolate might have enough caffeine to counter any deleterious side effectsblink.gif .

However, you might need to sign a "no sheep/no goat zone" promise to not drive distracted by four-legged animals while taking this medication...

Most important question--

How soon will the meds help you?

AW

I am generally pretty resistant to the CNS depressant effects of medications, so I'm not too worried about drowsiness, but she wants me to take it at bedtime anyway. I'm not sure how long it will take, or if it will help at all. She originally suggested gabapentin, but I was on that once before and it did nothing for me, so we thought we'd try the amitriptyline.

Melissa was gonna go to the doc with me, but she started getting a migraine :angry: :( and so she took a nap instead. Someone needs to keep me from eating both bags of chocolate before she gets up. :blink:

Someone needs to keep me from eating both bags of chocolate before she gets up.

Don't worry! I woke up and helped her slay those chocolates! (It is a tough job, but... ;-))

It really wasn't too "full blown" migraine-y, but sorta. I feel better today. Mild headache, but not bad.

Looney left me and went home. :-( It is SO quiet here!! (chirp! chirp!)

Hello Ladies,

I want chocolate too, and yes I do think that your medical card should have covered that expense too!! The medical coverage person must be a guy, they just do not know the medicinal value of chocolate like we woman do; unless maybe IF they live in understanding with their wife.

Looney,

Sorry you are having so much pain. I obviously do not envy you having to go lay on the cold, hard surface of an MRI and keep still so that they can get a good scan. I really empathize with you on this. Let us know when that gets scheduled.

Eeyore,

Weren't you suppose to get healed of those darn head aches. ERrrrrrrrr!! Take care my friend.

AW,

WHAT??? Your eating chocolate again, what gives?? You have not had chocolate like in years right?? I think I am remembering that correctly and not mixing you up with someone else.

Well I hope all of you beautiful ladies have a wonderful day.

BLessings,

Tigger

My MRI is scheduled for this Friday, and I go to see the orthopedic guy next Friday. Melissa has been mumbling some nonsense about worrying too much about her and not taking care of myself - I don't know what she's talking about. :huh:

Faithworks is back in town, so we met for muffins tonight. ::clap I've missed seeing her.

And my leg did feel a little better for the first half of the day, so I'm hoping the amitriptyline is gonna help.

Hi there Loonsy love,

I am sorry to hear of the non-treatment you received from some twits at the funeral. YA KNOW sum people just dont know a good thing when they see one!

So my antennae picked up correctly then to pray about that, afterall. heehee.

I have used Trypaline for tension. Is it the same thing you talkin bout? If so then we are not toooo far behind for a 3rd world country, well at least not the southern part of Africa anyway.

I think it would be the RIGHT THING TO DO, to campaign that medical aid cover chocklate and recognize it for what it is already, lets just liaise so that our posters say the same thing ok. Can you imagine we get news coverage and the cameras are on Loonsy and her team campaigning and protesting in America somewhere and then the shot goes over to Southern Africa where they just happen to be protesting the same thing...and HEY LOOK ladies and gents they got the SAME POSTERS, COLORING, LOGO an all...then they can put 2 and 2 together and see how WELL organized this campaign is. They will be under the illusion that this chocklate syndicate is HUGE and widely spread.

I mean isnt the coco leaf connected to the coco bean? i am going waaaay out on a limb here, but that is how i learn! and just look at all the medical benefits one gets outta the coco leaf! so why not the bean too? :P

Just a thought.

Lotsa love

Candy

I got my car back! ::clap ::clap ::clap

Bryan got the parts shop to cover the clutch - I had to buy some sort of cylinder thingy that wasn't releasing the clutch all the way (which is why it failed), and some tubing to fix my power steering leak, and some flex tubing that wasn't flexing properly in the exhaust system. He cut the labor in half, bless his sweet little heart, and it ended up costing me about $220. I can live with that.

The amitriptyline seems to be working - I am still having some pain, but I didn't feel the need to take anything for it today. It is messing with my brain a bit, but since it's helping I'll deal with it until my body adjusts. It's nothing major - my brain just seems to be running in slow motion, and I'm doing things like staring at my cell phone keypad for a full minute trying to figure out how to backspace. :unsure: Now I have an excuse for being looney! :wacko:

one down, one vehicle to go.

Amen! I would really like to get the truck fixed - I asked Bryan about it, and he said that although it has a lot of miles on it, it's in great shape and if it was his, he'd fix it. So fix it I shall . . . when the Lord blesses me with an extra $1,000.

some flex tubing that wasn't flexing properly in the exhaust system

I read this and I think I have this same issue!!!! :blink: :rotfl:

Loons - I'm glad you have angels in your life to help with things like clutches, inner/outer pain, chocolate, muffins, coffee and all those things that a girl needs.

Can't wait to see you!!!!

I read this and I think I have this same issue!!!! :blink: :rotfl:

Ummm . . . I don't think my mechanic can help you. :blink:

MRI is done. They did not keep me there or run screaming for a doc, so I gather they didn't see anything seriously alarming. Now it's hurry up and wait . . . since it's a holiday weekend, I doubt I'll hear anything before Tuesday.

I'm glad you have angels in your life

Me too! :D

Looney wrote:

Now it's hurry up and wait

Sorry, but I have to confess that my first response to that was--

"Isn't that how your life worked with 1SM?"

I know, I'm bad...pardon again, I just couldn't help myself. (Feeling a bit feisty tonight--lack of chocolate probably).icon_redface.gif

AW

She originally suggested gabapentin, but I was on that once before and it did nothing for me, so we thought we'd try the amitriptyline.

Looks like I've missed a few installments...

Never heard of "gabapentin", but then I've been out of the loop for years. Does it cause some people to talk a lot while feeling pain-free?

Get all better soon, Looney, OK?