God Save My Marriage

Life in the Looney Bin!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a gaggle of duckies following me around curiously, as long as it is outdoors. Duck poo, don'tcha know. That sounds so pastoral. Do I have to wear a pinafore and carry a crook?

It will probably not surprise anyone that I have actually had ducks in my house, but I don't recommend it for the aforementioned reason. However, since I seem to have more flies in the house than in the barn lately, I'm reconsidering. I'm sure I can get Melissa to design and make some ducky diapers. :D

As for what you wear, Firewalker, the ducks don't care. If you'd like a pinafore and crook, go for it. ;)

I love you MORE than pasta . . . . ::clap :rotfl:

Ditto. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am hanging out with Eeyore and HD again. Eeyore isn't feeling well and didn't go to work today, so I ended up having to get up early and drive Erin to her job. Yes, she got one, cleaning apartments at the place Eeyore works. The plan is for her to go in two days a week with Eeyore, but that obviously didn't work today.

My oldest daughter's BF also got a job last week (he lives with us), and my oldest son's place of employment increased his hours, so the financial situation is looking up just a bit. All of my kids are willing to contribute grocery money from what they earn - the issue has been that there are NO jobs in our area. Erin's job is actually about two hours from home, which is why we are staying here, and Robert got the job because he was told of an opening by a friend who works there. They're both relieved and happy to be able to help out a little bit.

Of course I have NO idea if I'm getting paid this week or not. I have a call into Disability Management, but so far they haven't called back. If they're not planning on paying me, I'd like to know ahead of time so I can prepare to throw a huge fit with the appropriate people. <_>

HD just brought me coffee. I take back at least three of the things I said about him last week. :P

Hi! [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

Not much going on this week. I did get paid last week, but according to DM it's my last check. I am trying to find out what info they need to continue paying me, or if I'm even still employed, but nobody will call me back. :angry:

Otherwise I'm hanging at Eeyore's listening to three very LOUD teenage boys. I'm about to boot them off their game and throw their butts outside. It's a beautiful day, and there's no reason for them to sit in front of that box all day. Besides, they're giving me a headache. <_ i really like to take a walk but it dizzy day and not sure my body is up for it. maybe just go short one. hate when won cooperate with what brain wants do. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:">

I am still hanging out at Eeyore's. :D

She had a doctor's appointment today, so we went there and then to lunch. On the way home Eeyore discovered that she didn't have enough money for gas. That's OK, I did, and she bought my gas last week. We figure as long as we don't both run out of money at the same time, we'll be fine. B)

I talked to the case manager in Disability today. She can't authorize further disability payments because - get this - I am not taking medication for my migraines. The fact that the doc didn't think medication would help is apparently beside the point. :angry: She is sending it on to her manager for a final decision. I've talked to the manager a couple of times and she apparently has some actual common sense, so hopefully I will get somewhere with her. Aaaaargh!

The fact that the doc didn't think medication would help is apparently beside the point. angry.gif She is sending it on to her manager for a final decision.

Pardon, me for not following along closely enough to remember this point, but can you have your doctor write a note to that effect??

Yeah, I will. Apparently the policy is that you have to be taking meds or getting some sort of therapy for your condition to qualify. They want to know that you are "actively trying to get better." As I said, the manager seems pretty reasonable, so I think it'll be OK in the end. It's just really aggravating. They are really gonna wish they'd just made the accommodations I requested by the time this is all over with.

Yeah, I will. Apparently the policy is that you have to be taking meds or getting some sort of therapy for your condition to qualify. They want to know that you are "actively trying to get better." As I said, the manager seems pretty reasonable, so I think it'll be OK in the end. It's just really aggravating. They are really gonna wish they'd just made the accommodations I requested by the time this is all over with.

I'll bet you are right. But they probably needed to follow protocal anyway as an example/precentdent to others who might want to try and abuse the system. They gotta cover their butts.

Well I just got off the phone with DM, and I was wrong. It's not working out. DM pays on whether or not I can do my job, which I can. The fact that I can't get there doesn't enter into it. I will get one more check next week and then that's it. So I'm outta luck until I either get the accommodations I asked for or HR pays me to go away, which could take months.

I know God won't let us starve, but I think it's gonna be mostly beans and rice from here on out. :rolleyes:

Joel, responding for her, since she has no internet at home (financial reasons).

She cannot drive consistently because she is having periods of dizziness due to migraines. They may be "vestibular" migraines (which my daughter has). She does not get the pain of the migraine, just severe dizziness (and nausea), which makes her unable to drive. She drives when she CAN, at her own pace, but of course a job wants you to show up when you are scheduled, not when it is convenient for you! We often go places together, but I end up driving quite a bit, because the dizziness will hit "out of the blue", very suddenly, and will hang on for hours. So, she seldom goes somewhere alone. She does have good days, but they cannot be predicted.

She has asked her work to allow her to work from home. They made this accommodation for another woman who is legally blind and cannot see to drive (especially at night, I believe). They allowed her to work from home, no questions asked. But they are not allowing Looney to work from home under any circumstances. Even when they have sent out NUMEROUS requests for people to work, when they are extremely short-handed. Others are allowed to work from home, if they are asked to work and it is not their scheduled day. But they have emphatically said NO to our dear Looney.

She believes that they are trying to push her to quit. HR obviously has some issue with her and are treating her quite differently than everyone else in her office.

With only one more paycheck (and even so, it is at the lower, disability rate) coming, she needs a MIRACLE. I am so upset by this stupid company, and their complete lack of equality and compassion. I don't even know what to say to her and I love her and her kids like they are part of my own family. Anyway, thanks for listening. Please pray for a miracle, FAST!! Thanks.

I have a huge knot in my neck and a killer headache, and yes, I would like cheese with my whine. <_>

OK, now that I got that out of my system . . .

I did the call with Timothy Paul last night and had a blast, even though there weren't any couples who wanted help. We didn't have any trouble filling in the time, and a bunch of people stayed on and listened, so I hope it was helpful to someone. It's going to be a regular thing - we are taking over when Dory and Nemo need to go to bed, starting next Monday - and I'm really looking forward to it. I love doing my call with the girls, but I enjoy getting on with the couples as well.

It's very quiet here at Eeyore's - everyone has gone to work except for Eeyore's son, and he will most likely be holed up in his room most of the day. :rolleyes: It's a beautiful day, though, so I'm gonna go out and enjoy it even if I am all by myself! :D

So I heard some banging and clanking in the kitchen, and I went in to find Melissa's puppy with his front paws up on the sink and his head in the sink, licking the dirty dishes. Yes, the seven month old puppy is that tall. I swear his daddy was a giraffe.

I wasn't quite sure if I should yell at him or thank him for the help. :unsure:

Hey Looney, just checking in on you and see that you need prayer in a few areas... It will be my pleasure and honor to pray for the health of your body today...and I will add a few for your spirit and soul too as well as for your finances!!! Im glad to read that you will be hosting the late nite Monday calls with TP. Ill try to get on if its not tooo late. You are so precious to God and all of us in this ministry we need you well and able. Our father has a way of escape from what the enemy has/is trying to do to you, I will press in in prayer for you today...You are loved and you are worth it!

In His Love,

Lifegiver

Stressed? Think Pink!

Psychologists and color consultants agree that the color pink conveys calm and helps to soothe. So think pink! It’s an attractive and flattering color when worn by women as well as men.

In addition to wearing it, put a vase of pink flowers on your table or desk. Put pink accents around your work space and/or house. Be in the pink.

I just read this article to Looney. Somehow, she is still not convinced!! :blink: