God Save My Marriage

We put this on our website today:

With the announcement of Benny Hinn's impending divorce, with Todd Bentley getting into adultery and marrying his nanny/adultery partner and then the even worse debacle of Rick Joyner helping Todd "get back into ministry" with his "new and improved" wife, with the Juanita Bynum and Thomas Weeks divorce, with the Randy and Paula White divorce - and everyone staying in ministry as if nothing is wrong.. and with no one seeming to care about Todd's wife and who knows what will happen to Benny's wife.. the books and other products on this page and and this ministry to distressed marriages is more timely than ever. Folks, you don't have to end up living a joke like these folks have lived. Regardless of what they do, YOU can have a HEALED and HAPPY marriage. If Charles and Frances Hunter can do it; if Joel and Kathy can do it, if hundreds of couples whom we have helped can do it, SO CAN YOU! Joel and Kathy 2/20/2009

Website address: www.JoelandKathy.com www.GodSaveMyMarriage.com

www.BestMarriage.com

We are also attempting to do "pay per click" ads in reference to this. Pray that our ads will make it through the google system and that our ads will be shown.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I heard about this on "The 700 Club" today.

It really breaks my heart that powerfully anointed men of God do not know how to agape-love their wives.

It kind of reminds me of David in the Bible. God had called him, "a man after My heart", and yet he struggled with similar issues in his life.

With Benny's Middle-Eastern background and upbringing and also observing the subtleties of how he related to his wife on camera and how she responded to him, I have wondered how their marriage was faring; especially when adding the stress of a busy and very public ministry.

I hope that his wife has good support through all of this. She seems to be a sweet lady, who probably has just "had enough".

I also hope that people don't discount the miraculous things that the Lord has done through these ministries just because the people involved have messed up in their personal lives. Anointing and gifting DO NOT validate a person's character. A person in ministry (or any person who calls themselves a follower of Christ) should have good character, yes! But anointing or gifting do not guarantee a person's character or maturity.

God, in His mercy, will continue to save, heal and deliver people through these men, as He also works behind the scenes to change their character. It's when these guys have continued to be unrepentant that things are brought out into the open, still with the hope that they will see their sin and repent.

I hope there are trusted, loving people around Benny who can freely speak with guidance and correction, that he will listen to.

My two-cents' worth. :wink:

Thank you for that, Aspiewife.

About five years ago, I happened to hear Benny say that Suzanne, his wife had been on a 40-day fast -- and he was surprised. He hadn't known! I thought to myself, she probably is praying for her marriage.

Another time back then, I heard him say on TBN that he had gone to Jan for advice for his marriage. She told him to have his wife more involved in his ministry. Then, I noticed she was one of those on the platform who bring people to him who were being healed. I thought, it's kind of a second-rate job for the wife of the main man. You had to really be paying attention to realize she was his wife.

He's going to preach to the Middle East... I don't see much use in trying to evangelize the world, if the message is warped.

Oh God, how can a whole generation, a whole world of marriages change? Lord, help us to do our part. Give Benny "eyes" to see and "ears" to hear. In Jesus Name.

It is quite ridiculous. Benny going to the Middle East to represent the Lord - and he cannot keep one lil' ole wife happy?

Bill (of Bill and Patty) went to a large men's meeting conducted by Myles Munroe last week.

He reports that Myles Munroe said: "God told me that if I will take care of MY bride that HE will take care of HIS!"

Myles also said that if someone calls from the hospital (a member of his church) - and they are on their sick bed and want him to come pray... that if he is on the way out the door, should his wife say "I need to talk to you"... then there is going to be a funeral... because I am going to stay with my wife as long as she needs to talk.

That is a MAN putting his wife first.

Benny Hinn and every other husband needs to listen up!

What did BENNY say in his statement about this? This is not word for word, but basically he said: "I had no idea she was going to file. I am shocked.. but I am not going to stop preaching, I am not going to stop doing miracle crusades. I am going to keep serving the Lord. I am not going to let anything stop me."

This is so sad. We had hoped that Benny would say "I am going to take some time off of ministry in order to pursue my wife, win her heart back and see my marriage restored. Please support the ministry so that our employees can stay employed.. but you will not see me for a while. When you see me again, it will be when my wife is by my side again."

But no.. Benny blew it.

There is going to be a general "dumbing down" of the men in the Body of Christ because of Benny's stupidity; especially among the "full gospel" portion of the church that looked to Benny as a powerful man of God.

Lots' of work to do said this:

When I heard about Benny Hinn I thought of what you wrote in book 2. On page 97, paragraph 2, it says - "He is not doing ministry because he loves God - he is doing ministry to feed his own ego and build his own kingdom." (No, I don't have the book memorized, I went back and looked it up).

Myles Munroe was one of the men who had me in tears. His message just confirmed everything I'm learning here.

That is a great qoute from that book on page 97 paragraph 2. I wonder who wrote that? ... just joking.. that is "Livin' it and Lovin' it!"

wow.

i must confess. i do not have, nor have i ever had, a tv. so i dont even know who this benny guy is!

but i must say that reading these posts is poking some buttons.

bravo to joel and kathy for saying aloud and with great boldness what my heart is screaming. you two dont even KNOW how relieving it is to witness your obedience and understanding. phew!!

i would love some help, though. can someone please explain more to me about the whole notion of annointing....or gifting.....without integrity or character? can anyone point me to some scripture on this issue?

i realize there are those passages where the Lord discusses those who "cast out demons in His name"...and He says, "depart from Me, i do not know you." this leads me to believe it IS possible to do works with no relationship.

are there more scriptures that explain further? i am so baffled as to how the Holy Spirit could indwell in a heart that is not repentant or submitted to Him. i have deep wounds around this.

anyone have any biblical references?

thank you all so much!

xo

Miracles followed the Word that was spoken when the disciples went and were preaching.

Miracles happen by the preaching of faith.. not because of a person's character.

King Saul prophecied when he was insane. His prophecies were accurate but he ripped his clothes off in the process. Yuck.

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance. That means that God does not cancel his gifts and calling because of a person's character. God leads his people to repentance by His goodness - so he uses the gifts and callings to draw the person back to Himself.

And yes, some will hear "depart from me, I never knew you, you workers of iniquity" - and these people will say, "Didn't we do great works in your name?" Benny is in danger of this - but we pray that he will recover himself, step out of ministry for a season and pursue his wife.

We believe that Jesus will say "I never knew you" - because a person does not walk in love; and God is love.

All of these things above are straight out of scripture but I don't have the "addresses" right now. Maybe someone can do that for us.

When I was a bad husband, I overcompensated by pressing into the Word and into "faith" in an addictive way. I drug Kathy along, of course. We laid hands on people and they got healed of blind eyes, deaf ears, cancers, many, many bad backs, up out of wheelchairs. It was quite the dichotomy.

Miracles confirm the Word and confirm only that faith was present. They do not confirm character. Paul even said that if I sell everything I have and give it to the poor, that it can be nothing.. if it is not done in love. People will give to the poor, not out of love.. but out of ego.. stroking their own ego. Etcetera.

That is why we focus so much on character. Character behind closed doors.

Good word Joel.

Our hearts break for Benny and Suzanne Hinn.

We have followed them faithfully, been partners, and have always gone to California conferences.

I discerned aglitch in the relationship because he never referenced her.... or very little if at all. None of his sermons talk about the marriage.

We are praying for them. It could become such a stumbling block for the body of believers

Contact Us

North America

Benny Hinn Ministries Headquarters

* General Correspondence:

* Email: inforequest@imail.bennyhinn.org

P.O. Box 162000

* Irving, TX, 75016-2000

* 800-433-1900

This Is Your Day!

P.O. Box 162000

* Irving, TX, 75016-2000

* 800-433-1900

* Customer Service:

* Phone: 877-227-6368

* Email: cservice@imail.bennyhinn.org

* Web Related Issues:

* Email: webhelp@imail.bennyhinn.org

Canada

* P.O. Box 638, Station U

* Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5Y9

* Phone: 905-501-0115

* Email: caninfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

Africa - he is travelling there soon

* Private Bag X54335

* Durban 4000, South Africa

* Within South Africa:

Phone: 0315664811

Fax: 0315664817

Outside South Africa:

Phone: 27315664811

Fax: 27315664817

* Email: zainfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

Asia

* Philippines

* P.O. Box 4475

* Manila CPO 1084

* Manila, Philippines

* Phone: +632-752-4573

* Email: phpinfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

* Japan

* P.O. Box 35

* Nakamura Post Office

* Nagoya 453-8799, Japan

* Hong Kong

* GPO Box 1600

* Hong Kong

* India

* P.O. Box 5505

* Bangalore GPO 560207

* Karnataka, India

* Phone: 91 80 41233600

* Email: indiainfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

* Singapore

* P.O. Box 929

* Singapore 918115

Australia-Pacific

* Australia

* P.O. Box 2422

* Mansfield, Qld. 4122

* Phone: 61 (0) 7 33433977

* Email: ausinfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

* New Zealand

* P.O. Box 91986

* Victoria Street West

* Auckland 1142

* New Zealand

* Phone: 0800 700 933 (toll free)

Europe

* England

* P.O. Box 30319

* London NW10 7ZP England

* Phone: 44 (0) 208961 1978

* Email: eurinfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

* Germany

* PO Box 20 01 59

* 13511 Berlin

* Germany

* Email: germanprayer@imail.bennyhinn.org

* Spain

* P.O. Box 30319

* London NW10 7ZP England

* Email: eurinfo@imail.bennyhinn.org

Middle East

* Cyprus

* P.O.Box 55312

* CY3821 Lemesos

* CYPRUS

Latin America

* Mexico

* Admon. "Palacio Postal" (1)

* Apartado Postal 149

* C.P. 06002, Mexico, DF

* Latin America

* P.O. Box 162000

* Irving , TX ,75016-2000

* United States of America

* Phone: +817-722-2000

Hi,

I just sent the following e-mail to every e-mail address listed above.

Lord he hears from you, talk to him about his marriage in Jesus name. Make Benny contact Joel and Kathy or Paul Hegstrom. Use Benny to minister this way of marriage through his tv ministry and every other area of his ministry in Jesus name....amen

May your name be glorified and lifted up Father.

Oops forgot to add a copy of the e-mail, here it is.

Dear Benny Hinn,

A person's highest calling in this life is to have a living relationship with God through Christ.

A Man's second highest calling is his marriage, his wife, his Bride. Please in the name of Jesus Christ, slay your pride and contact Joel and Kathy Davisson on Godsavemymarriage.com

It really looks and sounds as if you DONT WANT YOUR MARRIAGE. Show us and your wife otherwise. Her heart has shut down because you as her source of life have been a source of death to her heart. Be a Godly MAN about the affairs of your wifes heart, put Benny aside for a while. lay your life down for her as God has instructed the husband to.

Your choice.

With love in Christ

Candace

Wow!!! What an awesome example of what a pastor's life should be; willing to humbly admit that he needs to put his wife and families needs first; before trying to minister to others!

Thanks for sharing this testimony with us! Will be praying for him and his family during this time; I hope and pray that his example will inspire other pastors and leaders of Christian ministries to really look at their own lives; and ask God what the situation of their heart and soul is! A true, godly man who feels led to minister to and teach others is SO much more effective in his outreach to others if he's humbly willing to seek God's help with the condition of his heart; and get rid of anything that comes from pride, or a sense of arrogant entitlement that he's not accoutable to God or anyone else for his words or actions!

God bless you for sharing this here on the forum!

John Piper is doing a beautiful thing. He is a man of honor.

On the other hand... here is the update of Benny Hinn.

You will see that Benny is identical to every abusive, in denial husband that we minister to in this ministry.

We are truly astounded at the lack of substance in Benny:

Benny Hinn Admits 'Friendship' With Paula White But Tells TV Audience It's Over

Tuesday, 10 August 2010 04:41 PM EDT Adrienne S. Gaines News - Featured News

Evangelist Benny Hinn recently admitted at a crusade in Oakland, Calif., to having a "friendship" with fellow minister Paula White while he's still married after a tabloid pictured them holding hands in Rome on July 13. But the well-known healing minister says the relationship is over.

"A friendship did develop," Hinn said of White in Oakland on July 30. "Hear this: No immorality whatsoever. These people out there are making it sound like we had an affair. That's a lie."

Hinn invited his daughters Natasha and Eleasha on stage in Oakland and asked the crowd to pray for him, his estranged wife, Suzanne, and their four children. He said he and his wife had problems in their marriage for years and "could no longer exist in the same house."

Hinn's wife, Suzanne, filed for divorce in February after the couple had been separated for years, but it has not been finalized.

Hinn aired segments from the Oakland crusade and made additional personal comments on his This Is Your Day program on TBN Aug. 5, the day after his 31st wedding anniversary. A ministry executive said the program will air on other networks this week, including on Daystar Friday.

Hinn told the crowd in Oakland that the Vatican made him a Patron of the Arts and invited him to visit Rome. He said patrons are asked to find donors to help maintain the Vatican's art collections, and he wanted White to become a donor.

"I let her come with me to Rome so she can donate money," Hinn said. "That was stupid on my part. And for that I do ask forgiveness."

The National Enquirer published photos in its Aug. 2 issue of Hinn walking hand-in-hand with White in Rome. The article, which released July 23, claimed the two spent three nights in a five-star hotel Hinn booked under a false name.

Hinn said in Oakland that he and White found "common ground" after she appeared on This Is Your Day in late May. White and her ex-husband, Randy, went through a public divorce in 2007. She now leads the Tampa, Fla., church they founded, Without Walls International Church, and has her own national television show called Paula Today.

He said he and White were never alone in Rome, but claims he ended his friendship with her after the tabloid report was published. "I said, 'Paula, we can't even be friends right now.'"

Hinn admitted that he contributed to the demise of his marriage by putting ministry over his family. "I was so busy in the ministry, I was so caught up with the ministry, I forgot about my family," Hinn said. "That's probably what broke the whole thing up."

He said he often preached that ministry comes first, acknowledging that he knew that teaching hurt his children. "You know what? It's wrong," he said of the teaching. "I'm here to admit I was wrong because the call of God first should touch the family. If you have no family, you can't go on anyways."

Hinn admitted he and his wife had "challenges" but said he didn't expect her to end the marriage.

"We had troubles for a long time, and I would ask her often, 'Would you ever divorce me?'" Hinn said. "She said, 'Never because I fear God too much.' She said, 'My covenant is with God, not you.' And I guess she could no longer handle it. One day she did it to my shock."

Hinn said it's painful to talk about his marital problems, noting that he and his wife were separated long before the divorce filing.

"We've had to be very quiet to protect the ministry, the work of the Lord," he said. "But sadly when you are a public person, everything you do becomes public."

"I don't care how strong you are," Hinn added. "I don't care if the anointing of God is mighty on you. Nobody wants to be alone. I don't care who you are. I am a human being just like you."

Hinn said he is "still focused on the Lord's work," adding, "I'm going to go on serving Jesus with all my being, and whatever the future holds, that's His business."

Read more: http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/news/29089-benny-hinn-admits-friendship-with-paula-white-but-tells-tv-audience-its-over#ixzz0x72k5FOk

Every red flag of an actual affair is in this article. "just friends" - the idiotic excuse of the vatican and "patron of the art" - the "we can't be friends RIGHT NOW" - the ignoring of the report that he had the hotel suite for three nights with a fake name - the total stupidity of being in public with Paula and holding hands - the justification for the affair that "a man can't be alone". Sadly we also see the mistake of a Godly wife who "stood" for years until she went over the edge.. and astoundingly, we see the complete and utter lack of repentance in a man. Words fail.

We stand in awe at the dysfunction of men.

What is the bottom line? Chapter 19 of "The Man of Her Dreams/The Woman of His!" - BE YOUR OWN HERO!

Men, YOU CAN BE YOUR WIFE'S HERO. YOU CAN BE YOUR CHILDREN'S HERO. YOU CAN BE YOUR OWN HERO.

Benny did not have the "know how" and there is apparantly no one in his world that is pulling him out of denial.

YOU have the KNOW HOW and WE are HERE to pull YOU out of DENIAL. YOU CAN DO THIS. If JOEL can, if JOSHUA can, if MICHAEL can... etcetera, etcetera, etcetera... then YOU CAN TOO! YOU CAN!

Benny Hinn's comments above are nothing less more than the average idiotic comments of the average abusive, clueless, in denial husband. We might take time later to pull out comments and comment on them later. Right now we are enjoying ministering in Brazil. It is a wonderful place to visit!

In the meantime, at least Randy White is doing something productive with his life and money:

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/randy-white-fights-to-expose-cancer-cluster-near-frederick-maryland/19588039?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Frandy-white-fights-to-expose-cancer-cluster-near-frederick-maryland%2F19588039

Nation

Father Fights to Expose Cancer Cluster in MarylandUpdated: 11 hours 6 minutes ago

Print Text Size

Dave Thier

Contributor

AOL News (Aug. 21) -- Two and a half years ago, Randy White's daughter Kristen was diagnosed with brain cancer. She went through chemo, radiation and three brain biopsies, but nothing worked. Just 30 years old, she died in his house, in his arms.

"She was never sick a day in her life" before the cancer, White told AOL News.

Just two months after he had buried Kristen, White's other daughter, Angie, was diagnosed with a highly abnormal stomach cancer, which doctors were able to successfully remove. But six weeks later, his ex-wife took a fall that revealed an advanced renal cell cancer. According to White, the doctors at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Fla., told them that these cases didn't look genetic -- they were environmental.

White Family Photo

This undated photo shows Randy White, upper left, with his daughters Kristen, center, and Angie, son Brandon and ex-wife Debra Cross.

White, a preacher from Tampa, didn't have to look far. He had raised his children in Frederick, Md., where people have struggled with groundwater contamination for years. Also, some residents remembered nearby Fort Detrick had tested the chemical defoliant known as Agent Orange in the late 1960s and '70s.

Over the past two years, White has spent more than $250,000 of his own money through the Kristen Renee Foundation, named after his late daughter, researching toxic agents and epidemiological data in the area. He says the data are starting to paint a picture of toxic contamination and cancer flowing from the fort.

Dioxin, the active ingredient in Agent Orange, is a documented carcinogen, and TCE and PCE, two chemical solvents discovered in some wells in Frederick, have also been linked to cancer. White is trying to prove that those chemicals made it into the groundwater in and around Frederick, and that that's what caused not only his daughters' and ex-wife's cancers but also the cancers of 400 residents within two miles of White's former home in Frederick.

Last week, Frederick residents met with representatives of Fort Detrick to express their concerns. Fort Detrick has appointed a contractor to examine its own history of Agent Orange testing and is cooperating with the Frederick County Health Department's proceedings to test the possibility of a cancer cluster.

"They're concerned about the past, they're concerned about the present and they're concerned about the future, and whether some of the health conditions they're experiencing might be related to Fort Detrick," Dr. Barbara Brookmeyer, the county's health officer, told AOL News.

For a farmer in town who lost all of his livestock, or numerous others who have lost family members to unexpected cancers, these proceedings could cast light on years of tragedy.

"People are looking for answers," said Brookmeyer.

Fort Detrick spokesman Rob Sperling has said he was not aware of the Agent Orange testing before White brought it to his attention, but a recent Veterans Today article shows that the defoliant testing at the fort was well documented even within the public sphere, pointing to a series of Frederick News-Post articles from the 1970s. The question now becomes how well it was contained, and what particular carcinogenic components of Agent Orange could have leaked into the surrounding environment.

The Army only recently finished capping six old dump sites in Frederick.

White and the Kristen Renee Foundation have begun a class-action lawsuit against Fort Detrick. Cancer clusters are difficult to identify, and it's even more difficult to prove direct environmental causation. But according to Lemuel Srolovic of the law firm Weitz & Luxenberg, where cancer-cluster buster Erin Brockovich works, identifying a cluster is actually not that important when it comes to the courtroom.

"If you can prove exposure to a harmful agent and you can prove that one person, two people, three people have an illness that's caused by that exposure, then that's a successful lawsuit," he told AOL News.

He also warns, however, that many cancers are not uncommon in America, and that when people begin looking for trends they sometimes find what they think are abnormal numbers but actually turn out to be statistical averages.

Legal experts say the Kristen Renee Foundation and other plaintiffs against Fort Detrick will have some advantages. The source of contamination that they're examining seems pretty clear, and the carcinogenic effects of Agent Orange, PCE and TCE have received the attention of veterans' organizations for years.

For White's part, his own personal loss has translated into the rage to take this fight until the end.

"It is an environmental nightmare. It is catastrophic," he told AOL News. "There's a long, drawn-out, hard battle, but it's one that I'm willing to fight for and not just for my daughter but for all the people that don't have the finances and don't have the voice."