God Save My Marriage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to share that last night Simple and I started praying out loud together for 5 minutes. Just like everyone else, I know that as the forty days continue it will be a fight to prioritize, but we know this is an area we are to be more diligent in.

It did my heart so much good to hear him pray out loud last night. He asked God to, "Search him and know him," and to reveal things hidden in darkness to him that needs to be dealt with. He also prayed and asked God to allow him to feel the pain that I've had to endure at his hands. He asked God to put him in my shoes for that perspective.

One of the areas we've discussed recently is how my heart longs for words. So to hear him pray "over me, about me, and for me," did my heart much good. I hope my prayers for him felt the same way. I prayed God would give him strength.

I'm looking very forward to this new practice in our marriage. I felt closer to him yesterday evening after this.

Ornate Design

• 4 weeks later...
It did my heart so much good to hear him pray out loud last night.

This is exactly how I felt when Nemo started praying with me, shortly after our own "9-11".

Phil 4:6-7

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

What a wonderful topic! We are encouraged to pray together in the Word of God, and indeed when we do, we are promised that whenever TWO or three are gathered together IN HIS NAME then the Lord Jesus himself is present with us. All of a sudden we have a powerhouse!

Judy, thanks for starting this thread. How many battles can be won simply on our knees united in prayer.

Thanks for the challenge, we intend to do this more and more regularly.

Praise God.