God Save My Marriage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Encountering God??? Hopefully so... I pray so...

if you have asked Jesus to live inside you- to rule and reign your heart and mind and choices, then you have unlimited resources.

When the Israelites wandered in circles in the desert- going nowhere- as you have been doing in your marriage- for years and years-

then the poisonous serpents came and bit them after they wouldn't quit grumbling (sound familiar?)

the REMEDY was to look to the SOURCE of LIFE... and to gaze with intensity at the image of JESUS- to ignore the poisonous biting serpents which was the just reward for the self-centered and unthankful grumbling... THEN the healing came...

4evrHZdtr3,

Wandering in circles complaining and grumbling sounds very familiar to me. I have also been very irresponsible and hateful as LRG put it. I have been reading my thread and it is very telling. It is obvious that I have gone to great lengths to do the things that require my head and not the heart. I have gone everywhere except the source. I am in a place I do not know and I don't know what to do exactly.

BH

My man.. You've been to 6 intensives.. You know what to do .. There is NOTHING else.. No hidden nugget that another intensive will bring.. Just live what you know... The reason this seems new is because your wife isn't around for you to abuse.. Don't think about tomorrow.. Don't think about yesterday ... You have today.. Live what you know.. If... Your wife never comes back.. You can't blame her... Realize that if you got your heart right... You could probably write Joel and Kathy's next book ;). God bless

Edited by Charles from Cali

Seriously BH, 6 intensives, really! Come on man, get out of your own way and stop making excuses. I heard you on the men's call last night and I couldn't speak up but I believe your direction is clear. David asked you to go to a dark and quiet place and get on your knees before almighty God and get real with Him. As Charles just said, there is nothing else, the only thing missing here is your commitment.......

Charles and RT,

You are so right and I did what David ask and I have done every day. I am comitted to LRG and I will not blame her if she never takes me back. She has been packing me all these years and she's not doing that any longer. I want my wife and kids back and I am just going to love her no matter what. It is very cold at the present with very little communication.

BH

BH,

I will not blame her if she never takes me back. She has been packing me all these years and she's not doing that any longer.

Stop writing and THINKING this.

Here is your action plan. Step 1

"For God so loved the world HE gave......."

DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT THIS STEP UNLESS LRG TELLS YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Once you have accomplished this through your ACTIONS, I'll give you step 2.

God Bless

David

This might hurt

It’s not safe

But I know that I’ve gotta make a change

I don’t care

If I break

At least I’ll be feeling something

‘Cause just ok

Is not enough

Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions