God Save My Marriage

Under the Shadow of the Almighty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to share an interesting observation I had recently...

I was watching a TV movie and the couple ended up separated because she walked in on him having an intimate conversation with another woman in their living room. She left because she "just knew" there was something more to that situation..

After she had been gone a few days the husband came to see her and this is what he said: "That feeling that I had when I walked into our home and you weren't there.. I don't ever want to have that feeling again."

I just reflected on that and realized that a very few years ago I would have fallen for that one - hook, line and sinker! I would have completely mistaken that for his desire- his cherishing of me... not anymore!

oh, MJ!   Here is what I heard...  That man was consumed with his own pain at losing his wife and all that she did for him and how she made him feel... very very self-absorbed! He had made no connection at all with how he had hurt his wife and what she was going through. There was no apology because there was no awareness! He only attempted to "explain" to her why what he had done was not what she thought and was not wrong...

Hi MJ, Sorry I didn't see this.. Yes the teaching is a four part series and each is about an hour I think. It was so interesting to me that I played and prayed it all in the first week.

Here is something I just got from my friend Christine and well worth looking at:  https://beyondbetrayal.community/about/

And here is a great video page of testimonies. The one at the bottom is very much like many of the women in our forum: https://beyondbetrayal.community/videos/

Edited by 4evrHZdtr3