God Save My Marriage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! Scientific data to support Biblical truth about speaking to the mountain! There are so many places in scripture that talk about speaking the Word and renewing the mind. Thank you so much for posting this.

Faithworks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more food for thought on what the video talks about here (I know it's in the second video, I don't remember if it's in the first) and the most common (neurological) issues that many in this ministry seem to deal with: The three neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) that are effected in arrested development, according to researchers, are norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin. Serotonin deficiency is often treated through the use of antidepressant medications, namely SSRIs [selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors] and norepinephrine and dopamine deficiencies are thought by many to be a cause of ADD/ADHD behavior - in fact, most ADD medication targets dopamine reuptake in a similar fashion to how antidepressants target serotonin reuptake. In other words, susceptibility to ADD and depression seems to be a likely byproduct of being arrested in one's development at a early age. If you feel that medication may help, please don't let what you may feel is a negative stigma keep you from getting it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Lightbulb!

Wow. Joel talks often about Hegstrom and now I see why.

When my wife decided she finally had enough of me destroying her, our family and our marriage, I turned to God for answers. God revealed my childhood issues to me. He has opened my eyes to so many things I didnt see before.

No excuses, just need to make things right in my head and leave the little boy behind.

***Plus we have an adopted daughter that this will help.

****Plus all the emotional abuse this marriage mess I created is causing my children.

• 7 months later...

I found out something interesting that relates to this while I was praying a couple of weeks ago and did some research. In the movie Alice in Wonderland, the vorpal sword that was used to slay the jabberwocky is a powerful symbol of how we defeat meaningless stuff in our lives. According to Wikipedia, the letters in the name vorpal are the same first letters as in the words 'verbal gospel', and according to the Merriam- Webster dictionary the term Jabberwocky means: meaningless speech, mumbo-jumbo- abracadabra, etc... LOOK THIS UP! It is so interesting and it's one more way that God is showing us that we overcome -and grow up- by speaking and praying the Word OUT LOUD!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...