God Save My Marriage

Ewww... yuk.... I hate it when tht happens to me!

Father God, in Jesus name, we take authority over all vain imaginations and every plot of the enemy to twist or distort anything in either MaryJane or Z- or between them. I pray for release of healthy and true communications - in the right timeframe and for the right purpose. We declare an end to any and all hiding, fear or shame.

We release the light of heaven over their home and over their sleep right now... Lord, let your manifest Presence begin to overshadow this home and every interaction they have. We call forth reconciliation and hope - right now in Jesus name!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh 4evr! My dear forum friend!

I can't possibly tell you how much your prayer has just done for me!

I found myself crying with relief and joy as I read it! I receive the answer to every bit of it! In the precious name of Jesus!

So you have experienced the kind of thing i talked about, too eh?

May your sleep also be sweet this night, 4evr!

Now I'm going to read your prayer again -- and savour it!

I'm glad your prayer worked for you too, 4evr!

---

I went to church this morning. Was on my way out to the garage to plug my car in when Z said, "I plugged it in." And he gave me a big smile. I said, "Thanks" and gave a slight piece of a smile. That's all I could manage and escaped upostairs to get ready. That's the last I saw of him.

I've dawdled around in the next town (where I was at church) as long as I could. Now I'm halfway home and pulled over to post.

I don't want to go home!

---

There now, I've pulled over again.

I don't want to have to go home and tell him we need to get on the call tonight!

I'm TIRED of this! I don't want to do it anymore!

O God.

Edited by MaryJane

Well, now I CAN'T go home yet. Got myself stuck in snow! Called CAA (Canadian version if AAA) and am waiting to hear from whoever is going to pull me out.

I suppose I should let Z know...

This is great, having a cell phone and a CAA membership!

Well, that was almost fun! Got my mind mostly off my marriage for awhile!

I did call Z while waiting for the tow truck, just in case he might need to help them with directions or something. We spoke about the situation more or less like normal people.

It was probably a good hour later that I got home. The whole incident took a couple of hours. It was okay with me; I had lots of time.

When I was pulling into the garage at home, I could see Z in the kitchen. He had been watching out the window as I arrived.

When I walked into the house a minute later, Z was sitting on the couch in the living room, his feet up, looking at the TV. He did not look at me or speak to me.

And that's the state of things still. He's gone to bed.

I suppose I'm going to have to open my mouth first, tomorrow. I thought I might ask him if he's found any loopholes yet in the Scriptures that will allow him to only show me love when he feels like it.

No, you don't have to speak first. You already know that in your heart. Endure. Wait. Read scripture, pray, talk to the forum, but don't write any notes or initiate conversation or interaction with Z. Wait. If he initiates good then respond with good. You can do this. As long as he continues sulking, he is off limits to you.

Really? That's the immediate surprised, response of my feelings to what you both said. Thank you, Crystal, Looney! I'm supposed to know all this but I feel unsure of what to do when something's wrong in my own house!

I haven't tried to see Z yet today, and, of course he hasn't tried to see me. I'm going downstairs in a couple of minutes to get some coffee! I'm not particularly hiding from him, just slept in, then taking my time to go down "there."

11:43 AM our time:

There, we've just had our first interaction of the day. Z asked me, in a normal tone of voice, who was driving the tow truck last night. Z had come out to the kitchen to get ready to go out for a walk. I replied, also in a normal tone of voice (thank you Looney). Gave him a brief description of the rescue operation. :)

Then he went out.

5 or so minutes later:

Z came in again. Talked normally about something or other for a minute. I forget what it was. That was it. We each did our own thing for about half an hour. Then he went up for his nap.

That's it so far.

Edited by MaryJane

2:18 PM,

Z just walked through the room where I am and said, "I think I'll go to town. Is there anything you want?" That's a sign of humbling himself right there. I didn't look at him but calmly said, "I can't think of anything."

I guess he's trying to make a forward move.

I'm supposed to know all this but I feel unsure of what to do when something's wrong in my own house!

That's why we are a Body! We all need each other.... all the time... :)

He might be...trying to make aforward move... but he also sounds like he's waiting for you to signal that everything is OK. if you don't give him one of the familiar signals, i.e. a note or something... he will keep his emotional or physical distance until then. He may or may not be sulking... he may just be keeping his distance.

it would be easy to keep trying to guess what's really going on.. because if you knew then maybe you could fix it! But wives shouldn't have to figure out what's inside their head! And it's not up to us to fix it...

I like this! You can keep after me if I ever have the opportunity to be in this place again...

No, you don't have to speak first. You already know that in your heart. Endure. Wait. Read scripture, pray, talk to the forum, but don't write any notes or initiate conversation or interaction with Z. Wait. If he initiates good then respond with good. You can do this. As long as he continues sulking, he is off limits to you.

Yes, thank you for that 4evr. I don't think I thanked Crystal properly for her post. Thank you, Crystal!!

I do think Z is not sulking anymore. I expect he was at first because I asked him to step "over the line" on Thursday night, to hug me.

And I agree he's waiting for my signal that I'm going to be receptive to his advances. The trouble with that is that I DON'T feel as upset as I did even yesterday. However, I'm not ready to go down there and start cooking supper, for instance. I think that's progress on my part. At one time I would have felt like I HAD to, for some unknown reason.

Ok, I'm paying attention to you girls. :)

Just thought of an incident from our marriage that happened in1983. It's so funny! Has me cheered up immensely! But I can't tell it here.

Maybe there will be an opportunity to tell it to Kathy on the ladies' call tomorrow. Tee Hee...

Well, no more interaction between this husband and wife since the last one I mentioned. The husband has retired for the night. -_-

Me, I'm like this: :grin: Not sure why exactly, except it must have to do with God -- and His Girls!

And the funny incident I remembered. To%20funny.gif

I'm glad your personality type is content to just sit back and do as you're told. Makes our job so much easier. :P

LOL! LOL! Wish I was more that way!!!

Melissa wishes I was, too. :roll:

The fact that you're smiling despite the lack of interaction shows that you're not letting Z.'s every little mood affect you, and that's a good thing. :) Just don't forget that he is supposed to make the first move. Sit on your hands and duct tape your mouth shut if you have to, but wait for him to come to you!

And laughter is always good medicine. :D

The fact that you're smiling despite the lack of interaction shows that you're not letting Z.'s every little mood affect you, and that's a good thing. :) Just don't forget that he is supposed to make the first move. Sit on your hands and duct tape your mouth shut if you have to, but wait for him to come to you!

I LIKE this! I haven't been on the women's calls... I should get on... I'm still donating...

That was a pretty nice pic on FB!