God Save My Marriage

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy new year all.  It is hard to believe another year has passed.  Nikki and I are still married working toward our 14th year of marriage.  I would like to say we are living an outrageously happy marriage, but while we have had good times there definitely have been some ups and downs along the way.  I think both of us get tired and honestly struggle at times to love each other as God would have us.  I know I have a lot of head knowledge but struggle to be consistent in my application loving my wife where she is at.  I want to be married and be the best husband I can but I see how I have chosen poorly at times, not studying my wife well enough to where she feels safe, nurtured and deeply loved.

I recently read a book called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, and a big takeaway for me is that I need to let go, discard things of the past, in particular, physical things and the emotions/baggage that comes with them.  Let go so I can be present and really enjoy my time and not be tied to things of the past.  I am ready for this transformation to improve my life and that of my marriage and family.  I pray each one of you is renewed in heart and mind so we can do all things through Christ in love.  God bless you and keep you this 2019 and beyond!

• 2 years later...

It has been a long time since I joined the forum.  Unfortunately, our marriage is not in a good place and I put that fruit on me.  Our marriage must change. Please keep us in prayer as I seek the Lord and further die to self.

• 3 months later...