God Save My Marriage

So, what does this journey look like!

Last night on our Worldwide Conference Call a woman asked me if this life was real? Was I really living an Outrageously Happy Marriage?

The answer: YES, it is real and YES, I am living an Outrageously Happy Marriage.

Does that mean EVERYTHING in our life is clicking on ALL cylinders? No but by faith it is!

It just means our marriage is great. There ARE other areas of our life, like our young adults, finances, social life, health etc. Those areas we are still working on.

Joel and I are getting over a cold right now. Our finances NEED to improve, personally and with the Ministry. It's kinda hard to do all that we would like to do in the Ministry and life in general without the finances there to do what we need and want to do. ( thus Legal Shield )

So, what does this life look like?

It's a husband listening to his wife, valuing her like Christ Values the Bride of Christ.

Its a husband living with his wife in an understanding way, laying down his life for his wife as Christ did for the Bride of Christ, so that his prayers are not hindered.

It's a husband pursing the Bride, like Christ pursues us, the Bride of Christ and the Bride responding back to her husband when he meets her needs and desires.

It's a husband "giving" (not taking) like Christ and a Wife responding BACK to him his "giving" for her. Showing her "Unconditional " love.

It's a husband "focusing out" on his Bride instead of himself.

Can you imagine if Christ focused on himself while on the way to the cross?

"Well, I haven't' made up my mind yet if I'm going to lay my life down for you people. Ya know, this is really tough. It's very painful. I don't know how much more I can take. Im still debating. We'll see if I change my mind or actually walk this out. I want a written guarantee that you will love and serve me IF I do this. " (nope, that's not how it went. He went to the cross, laid down his life for us, paid the price with the "joy" set before him, without any guarantee. WoW!

The Word of God says that he could have called the angels at any point and they would have stopped the whole thing. Aren't we all glad he didn't call the angels to stop and that he went all the way and paid the price for you and I? The answer is YES! We are all very glad. We have Heaven because of the price Jesus paid on the cross.

I am personally glad, my husband was willing to pay the price to lay his life down for me in our marriage, and thus we have "Heaven" in our marriage.

It's THAT! It's a husband being willing and showing in his ACTIONS his unconditional love for his Bride and thus a Bride being HAPPY for the price he paid and the awesome life they now live.

Its a husband living 1 Peter 3:7 which is a "template" for your marriage. The scripture says for you to live with YOUR WIFE ( not anyone's wife) with understanding. By listening to your wife's heart, which means listening to her talk, is how you fill in the specifics for your wife and your life.

Psalms 116:1-2..."I love The Lord (husbands love your wife like Christ ....so I love my husband), because he has heard my voice and supplications. BECAUSE He has inclined his ear to me and I will call upon him forever.

One of the meanings for the word voice is a "crackling sound." LOL (crying, frustration)

That word "inclined" means to get closer. He doesn't leave or distance himself from us when we are having a bad day, a bad moment etc. He gets closer, no matter what tone of voice, no matter how frustrated she may be, he gets closer, letting the Bride know, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to stay and to love you unconditionally, LIKE Christ."

Where is a wife going when a man will look and act like Christ? Absolutely no where!

Well, I hope this helps paint a picture of what this looks like. Blessings

Thanks for sharing Kathy.  I really appreciated reading this.  

I believe we are seeing restoration in our marriage as I take steps to be more Christlike.  I encourage others to support this great ministry.  One of the ways my wife and I are is buying cases of Joel and Kathy's first book.  We have handed out nearly all 19 and I just ordered another case today.  As I share with other friends I see so many other hurting couples under attack.  

Men, let's really get engaged with what is going on with our wives and family.  It is time like no other to die to self and becoming more Christlike.  Allow your wive to respond warmly and positively as you initiate, pursue, cherish, and adore her.  I readily put into practice what I have learned here in the forums and the books and my marriage is in the process of being restored.  Joel and Kathy speak truth.  I pray for them and all those volunteers who man the forum and calls, both couples and men's.  THIS is the time, don't wait any longer - start working on having your own outrageously happy marriage today!