God Save My Marriage

No, you could not have had a good life with someone else. You would have treated her the same way you treated your wife. You have the opportunity to become a new man NOW. One who knows how to be a loving husband.

God IS answering your prayers. He is showing you how to love your wife.

Another point: it is not your 12-year-old's duty to call you and comfort you. It is yours to do that for him.

Panicking will get you nowhere. Resting in God's love and living by His Wisdom, will.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CL..cant connect Romans 12...been away and missed out on too much with my family...unanswered prayers and I am being hazed and punished....all of this is garbage

Skiico, no one can force you to walk this out, you can be angry and rant all you want but it won't draw you closer to God and in the process winning your wife's heart back.  The Lord wants a relationship with YOU regardless of your marriage or anything else.  Your identity must be in Him.  I don't see any of the fruits of the spirit from your posts or conversations. Take a look at Galatians 5.  We can't discern God's will for our life when we are living in the flesh which is where I see you reacting from right.  There is no peace, joy or contentment that can only come from God.  We need to get to that place, to find where we are choosing to love despite the afflictions we face. 

No, you could not have had a good life with someone else. You would have treated her the same way you treated your wife. You have the opportunity to become a new man NOW. One who knows how to be a loving husband.

Mary Jane you are so right. I came into a second marriage with those exact thoughts only to find out that the exact same problems came along too. The problem was with me.

GOD is not helping me....point of my son is he is mimicing his mothers hatred

I would think your son is very quickly learning to act just like Dad. So sad to think that there will be 2 more ladies that will not be loved in the future because someone is choosing not to put in the effort to make change now!

Edited by InTheSearchOfTruth

Both of you...I know GOD does not respond to demands but all too often I suffer and get no answer or help....if his answer is I stay away two months then that proves my point...more suffering and as always missing out on time and experiences with my family....the life I live sucks and I am fed up with being alone...I have not slept in the same bed with my wife since Feb 14...enough already

that is juvenile

Cocoa Bch Comm Ch svc this AM...Psalm 23 sermon....I do not feel comforted by any means.....I am the sheep and there seems to be no answer to my suffering

It is interesting you quoted Psalm 23.  The very first verse is, The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. If we abide in the Lord we are not left wanting.  He supplies our needs accordingly. I recommend you meditate on that Skiico.  Then turn to Proverbs 16.  Stay in the word and draw near to the Lord.  Praying for you right now.

I will be on the road soon...get her weekly gift mail it then go to navy base GA back to work tomorrow just waiting for surgery....I had the weekends and my med recovery to look fwd to....not anymore

Chris, 

You want to go to this page and download the teaching.  The latest says "the 7 habits of strong believers."   The download is a full series of teaching on having a strong spirit.

Faith says...  you really want to get your mind, will, emotions, tongue and pen all saying the same things...   those things that are in agreement with God. The Word says that your tongue is as a pen of a ready writer and that you write upon the tablet of your heart.  The next step is that out of the abundance of your heart you speak, and the next step is that you will have whatever you say.

Even though you have been attending a lot of church services, you have not been taking control of your mind, will and emotions in order to make your thinking, believing, speaking and emotions to all go in the same direction.

You do want to go to some of the other men's topics and read them from the beginning. Yes, you will hear occasional times of doubt, frustration and the like, but it is not a continual torrent of negative.   If you don't have control of your spirit, you are like a broken down city..  and even though you are doing some things right, as I said on the men's call, you don't start making progress until you deal with your internal anger, resentment and etc.

The way to deal with those things is to replace them with the Word of God, His promises etc.

So, go to http://www.kcm.org/watch/downloads and download that teaching.. it is PDF.  I do believe that you can also watch the vidoes.. but what you are in need of right now is a huge baptism of faith,.  Faith calls things that be NOT as though they ARE.  Your words need to be, "Thank God that he has given my wife a desire for me. That desire is in her heart and it is coming alive.  Yes, she may fight against it, but that is proof that her heart is being drawn back toward me and for that, I am EXCITED!

vicious cycle Joel with no relief and no help...every glimmer I have had has been trampled by tons of heartbreak and disappointment....all this opportunity wasted...btw....I value my prayer time WAY more than attending service

..to date there has been little soothing influence from fellowship and ironically it was from 3 older folks at the Catholic parish near my house that I am now removed from....had I been able to stay at the house I would have seen them several times a week the next 2.5 months....they were the closest I had to someone positive to talk to...now all gone....bottomline I dont have GOD with me and the Holy Spirit is doing who knkws what...not feeling it in my presence...by myself in misery being hazed and punished

Joel, I misunderstood....I don't have any indications she has a desire for me....every week is deterioration....stopped wearing her ring two weeks ago and wears a subsititute....mind you, not looking for her to react, but that doesn't mean I should stop observing...this is an observation

CL-

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.

Joel Read Kenneth Copeland.....not jumping out at me, but saw echoon trust Jesus again

Read this as part of my devotion today and wanted to share with you.  Joel also gave some key insights into your walk with the Lord.

Faith Tabernacle of Kremmling

April 27, 2015  
THE TRUMPET by BILL BURNS: 
Have you heard My voice?  Have you listened to that which I have revealed?  If you will respond in a positive way to My leading, to My guidance, and learn from what I am teaching and showing you, you will benefit greatly.  I will enable you to do what you cannot do.  I will enable you by controlling the circumstances around you when you come into a place of absolute trust in Me.  Let Me take care of those things that you cannot take care of.  I am the Lord who is able to do all things.

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS:
Embrace change and trust Me that whatever changes you endure will work to your benefit.  There are things that you have needed to let go of, and if you don't let go willingly it will be more difficult to move on.  I know your situation, and I know what is best for you, says the Lord.  Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Also, one other song jumped out at me on the radio today from Casting Crowns.  I think a lot of their music really gets to the heart of the matter and speaks clearly.  I pray you can praise God while you are in this storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsmbhpjpgTE

Edited by ChooseLove

You are being mentally tormented because you have a deep root of bitterness and the poison of it is blinding your spiritual eyes and ears. IF you want to "see" God at work you must surrender fully all your thoughts and feelings and decide to forgive.. forgive your wife.. forgive yourself and forgive God..

Yes, we sometimes have to forgive God even though He doesn't really do wrong.. but when our perception is one of punishment all the time, then we have a distorted perception of our LOVING heavenly Father who desires to have positive and loving fellowship with us- before ALL else. Before our relationship to our spouses or children...

Your problem is not with your wife. It is with your perception of who you judge God to be and what you believe He is doing or not doing. When we judge God's Presence or absence in the midst of our circumstances- and judge that by the circumstances we are arrogant fools! I have been there! Not a good place to be...

hard to imagine him making me give up my family...I may be forced to and that as I am finding is not a good life...more prayer hoping we will be reunited...it will be immeasurable pain not to be with my sons...how can I not be with them as much as he sees me suffering

just found out a Retired Navy guy killed himself base camping area here...that is terrible reminder of how bad things can end...he was one of the resident campers with other long term campers around him and yet he was alone

did get a blessing today....was able to reserve on post lodging Ft Jackson for my upcoming surgery...thank you GOD for being a forgiving GOD...I am sorry to pass blame on my current depression...I pray you will change me and I pray to be reunited with my family for good...please Jesus I ask this in your name

4ever....to confusing....

"Focusing on what your wife is doing or saying is (very understandable, but) is disobeying Philippians 4:8. YES, your wife's actions are depressing, but remember the movie Matrix? There's a different reality that God is trying to show you. Creating the Christian home that you desire starts by creating it NOW while you are yet outside of it. Don't "despise the day of small (humble) beginnings" -Zechariah 4:10- for the Lord sees all that you are going through and His "arm is not too weak, nor His ear too deaf" Isaiah 59:1. If you cannot or will not accept this cross that you are on- being required to die daily and turn to God, then you are turning from the cross."

CL....recognize my torment....understand I am trying to let the process of the ministry to change me, but I don't feel his presence with me and I lack motivation for not seeing any hope to be back with my family....talks well to say focus on other things, but the way I am living right now locks me in