God Save My Marriage

I'm not quite sure how I'm not letting the fact that my ex is becoming seriously involved with someone else create anger or causing me to feel worthless or 100% hopeless. The only explanation is that the holy spirit is guiding me and that I have accepted that I must be humbled and learn from everything that I am faced with as I move through all of this. That in and of itself has been a remarkable shift in this process of becoming Christlike: to embrace the suffering and boast about my weaknesses. If I refuse to embrace the suffering or if I hide from the painful circumstances, I will not reap anywhere near the life-long benefits available to me.

Edited by 7Times
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is looking at the now and more importantly pulling you off where you path leads you......I have to think of Tony and I think of JOB.....think of your girls, think of Christ saying, I am tapping you to ready yourself for your wife stopping in the future and seeing this man that told her he was changed and force of life from Christ.....and then, you are there.    More importantly, show your daughters in the future what an Ironman is, having weathered the times, being there for them and showing them, this is what the dedication of true Love is.  They will need to see you aren't just another weak guy who fell, but a guy who made mistakes and then proved to everyone how much a man can fight for.............look at that vision and if you find yourself thinking of her with someone else, then say, "that guy does not know what it is to Love, her, he will fail, but I am going to show her nobody can love her like I can",  then smile, and think to yourself, when she sees and talks to me again, she is going to wonder why am I so comfortable looking, what is going on........think of the power of curiosity building each time, because you are this guy full of life and a pillar of strength.  At some boy you will have an opportunity to tell her, I told you nobody could love you like I can, and I am here to spend our lives cherishing the wonderful wife and mother I fell in love with so many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Update please, how are things going? Are you staying focused on being Christlike and Unconditional Love or are you letting your mind focus on how unfair this is? The Bible tells us to take every thought captive - so it's ok if the negative thoughts pop-in, just don't dwell on them. Push the negative thoughts out and rebuke them in the name of Jesus!

Let us know how things are going?

• 4 weeks later...

Update please, how are things going? Are you staying focused on being Christlike and Unconditional Love or are you letting your mind focus on how unfair this is? The Bible tells us to take every thought captive - so it's ok if the negative thoughts pop-in, just don't dwell on them. Push the negative thoughts out and rebuke them in the name of Jesus!

Let us know how things are going?

Second that.  Don't give up, don't give in.  God is for you and wants you to draw nearer to Him.  You have a great group of guys in this ministry that want to see you become more Christlike and win your wife's heart back.

commitment-loyal-quote-relationship-love