God Save My Marriage

I apologize for my absence. I have been pretty overwhelmed with work and my son. I'm not sure who heard my last call as I had made the mistake of taking things into my own hands and reverting back to being selfish. I was overwhelmed with the health of my father and not seeing the results that wanted to see. I had stopped sending the morning and evening texts to my ex and she reached out to me and I ignored her. That was wrong and I see the error in my ways. I apologized to her.

I'm starting to see more and more that this process is more so about me than it is about her. It is hard. I admit that. This is extremely difficult as it is a constant DAILY battle to deal with the emotions I go through. This is definitely a test on everything I am made of. 

I ask for prayers this week as this is going to be the toughest week of my life thus far and I honestly have no idea how I'm going to get through this weekend. I am going to attempt to distract myself in every way possible as I'm certain my thoughts will overwhelm me. 

Thanks for all the support. Be blessed guys

Keep fighting the good fight.  I was like you in that my emotions dictated my actions for a long time, staying hurt for months, NOT loving my wife as Christ loved the church.  We need to lay down our lives, die to self, turn our lives FULLY to Christ and there we will be free.  Keep seeking the Lord in all your do.  Read the scriptures, and remember who you are in Christ.  Check out http://ephesians525.org/who.php.

I am glad to hear you recognize your mistakes and selfish behavior.  You are growing-up as a man.  Don't give-up as so many other men have who have walked the same path.  God can make you an new creation, however you need to be obedient to him.  I pray for your brother as your faith deepens in the Lord.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic