God Save My Marriage

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Cor. 12:9. Oh how I love that verse. I'm inspired by our children who diligently study the Word to get ready fortheir quizzes. I have gotten slack in my discipline. As my DD's Sig line says, "discipline is remembering what you want." Give me Jesus. That's where SweetTea is. :-) What a fabulous cathedral builder! So, I am going to try to get back into hiding the Word in my heart that I might not sin against Tea or my Lord.

I want SweetTea.

I want Christ.

You know, Darling, half their genes are yours. but, they are great kids...they inspire me. There were bad times between us when the only reason I knew marrying you wasn't a big mistake was because of these kids. Without one, in particular, you would have already been a divorced man...anyway, though...I love the way you related to the Six-Pack this weekend. When DD upset you, you asked for help and took advice...you worked through it. You were patient and thoughtful...with them and me. You are everso attractive to me when you are gentle and kind. Thanks for a great weekend and the sweet notes this morning.

My love, thank you for being so very brave.

You are indeed strong and courageous.

I love you!

I am confident of this, He has worked all these things together for our good. He has made us mother and father to 10 precious lives, and allowed us to keep six thus far. He is good! By His grace we are being made His Righteousness in Christ. His blessings come through laughter and tears.

I thank Him that He has loved me enough, not only to die for me while I was dead and hating Him, but also to chase me down and save me. And then, as if that were not enough, He gave me such a beautiful, sexy helpmeet to teach me His way and point out my blind spots. He loves me so He disciplines me, but he does it so tenderly. Thank you for being patient with me.

Oh bless His name!

Honey, I know life has been crazy the past few weeks. With the company in the house, running out of cell phone minutes and just the general circus that we call our sitcom life. We are so blessed that it makes one crazy at times.

You have been so patient with me. Thank you. Everytime I see you post or on a call it is such a blessing. You have already given so much. You don't complain. You deserve the man of your dreams-- and you shall have him.

I know that God has blessed us with all these treasures in jars of clay. He uses each one to turn us to Him for His own glory. I cannot imagine life without any of them, nor would I want to.

We'll get the cell phone minutes thing fixed today and get back into our swing. You are so beautiful.

Thank you SweetTea.

Guys, that's been the reason SweetTea hasn't been on Tuesday calls. It's also made it hard to get on couples calls with night hours starting so late on our plan. I'll get that fixed today. She's not being difficult. She really is working at it. I'm the one who's rather "trying" at times ;-) but she's been working on that too. Thanks Tea for responding so warmly this weekend.

Wow!

SweetTea and I listened in to the couples call last night after date night. I needed to hear the bit Kathy and Looney was saying about mother-son issues again. Thanks guys for being obedient to His call.

SweetTea, thanks for being patient. God is so good, all the time.

Edited by just.reid

Such a fun date night! I loved that we didn't try to cram too much in, and feel rushed. Maybe Dad firing the helper was a good thing? I didn't feel a need to rush home to relieve her. hmmm...anyway, only 1 more date night while he's here. You have blessed my socks off in the way you have gently cared for the quirky old man who is my dad. (smile) You pitched in with the kids' bedtime, and excused youself (with my blessing )when you were getting too tired (a time ripe for irrational behavior). You didn't let it go to the point I had to say, "Would you just please go to bed?!?"

I enjoyed the way we listened in to the call last night, too. Sometimes, it feels like we are cut off from each other when we listen--there is no discussion between you and me, and I feel like, "Wow, he's right here, but I can't interact with him." Last night was good, because we'd listen until something sparked a thought, then we'd put down the phones and discuss what we heard. That was nice. Thanks, Hon. Love you.

It makes our heart sing to see the good report! We are so proud of you two!

This is really great too.... but not to single it out.. as ALL of it is SO good!

Last night was good, because we'd listen until something sparked a thought, then we'd put down the phones and discuss what we heard. That was nice. Thanks, Hon. Love you.

Hey JR - Thinking about our conversation and wanted to share some thoughts. We were speaking about your devotional time - and your relationship with God.

We need to find God, and he can not be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grow in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... the more we receive in silent prayer, the more we can give in our active life. We need silence to be able to touch souls. The essential thing is not what we say, but what God says to us and through us. All our words will be useless unless they come from within - words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.

Mother Teresa

I know you were saying you retreat to your car to spend devotional time. And with the children and responsibilities, your life is very chaotic. If you want to touch Tea's soul, to be able to give to Tea in your active life, I am thinking perhaps reordering the way you spend that time may help. Perhaps finding a nice quiet place, where you can experience nature, the beauty of God may let God speak to you more. I myself have a few places I will go, where silence is the priority. This can not even be in my house. Too many electrical noises, clicking of clocks, the emails coming in on the computer. I create, in God's environment, a place to commune with God.

God whispers, so to hear Him, we must give create an opportunity where we can listen.

TP

Hon, I'm loving our Tuesday night business meetings! Thank you for helping with these matters that can overwhelm me at times. I appreciate your working together with me on this tedious stuff. And it was beautiful last night how you realized you were getting overtired and spoke up so we could wrap up faster. (Folks, this man is up no later than 4a.m. most days, and out the door by 5, for an hour commute. He's not "slacking.") Anyway, thanks, Love.

Tea.. you are doing so great encouraging your husband... you remind me of myself. You are realistic, expect him to be a good husband but you are not too picky, you don't make unreasonable demands.. and you point out things he does right when he is putting good thought into being a great husband! I look forward to talking with you on the women's calls!

Have to brag on j.R. He is a "take charge, in control" guy. He has struggled not to take it personally when one of the kids "dare" disobey him, and not to overreact to their actions. Anyway, tonight, he was about to engage in battle with the 4yo. He asked me what to do, as his way wasn't working. I said to just walk away. I could see something rise up in him that was screaming, "WHAT?!?! WALK AWAY!?!?" I could tell he thought I was just going to let her "get away with it." I wasn't sure if he'd listen or not...but, he did. He walked away and she proceeded to do what he'd told her to. The situation returned to calm. A bit later, "H" was happily chatting, and I asked her, "do you think you need to apologize to Daddy?" She got serious and went to him and *gave him a L.O.V.E.R apology!* Complete with, "that must have made you feel _____" Omgosh! It brought a tear to the eye! Even the littlest one is listening and learning. Good stuff. Reid is continuing to learn that to keep one's life, you have to lay it down. Great job, Honey!

Kathy says "you are welcome!.. her pleasure!"

Hey.. You simply have to take that last post and copy it.. and then post it as a new topic in the section in the forum about children in an outrageoulsy happy marriage.. and then post it again in a new topic in the "favorite posts by various authors".. if you don't have one for yourself yet, title the new topic "favorite posts by Tea123" You can say "Joel and Kathy asked me to post this."

You don't have to wait for us to ask you to put something there.. that is "your" place for things that are very special that you write.. or even something someone else writes to you would be ok. Guests can read that section without being members.. so we like to have extra special posts in that section (a copy.. just copy and paste).

I am so very very blessed. Guys, SweetTea is teaching me so much. Thank-you darling.

The Lord is faithful even when I am faithless. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. This afternoon was just awesome. I am so amazed He entrusts us with little ones. Knowing we are but dust with so much to learn ourselves.

SweetTea, thank-you for giving one last shove before bailing.

I will be the man of you dreams.

Thank you for being at the appointment today. As I look back over 18 years of childbearing, I realize how many prenatals I went to alone. And I realize how much you are blessing me this go around by *really* being there for me and the bebe. Going into the perinatalogists' office today, my heart was pounding so hard. I was so scared we would find health problems again. When you walked in the waiting room, though, I just relaxed. You are here. You are praying for our son. You just kissed him goodnight. I'm not alone. I love you, Honey. Thanks for making me "the work you love."