God Save My Marriage

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!

Every time! Especially those with shocking powers!

I had a good time. Very happy to have been able to reach out to him. He's a good man and really just needed a nudge from a different direction. You were spot on with all your comments, directions, and corretions...he just need to feel the "umph" from another voice.

On another note, i may have escaped a trip to Alaska!

In Him,

IHI

Fun call last night - thanks for your help! You got through to J. much better than I did!

See, I knew you'd be good at this, and big sisters are always right. Right? :rotfl:

Brother, if your pride is getting in the way and you don't "get this"...

...then learn from a King.

Guys, this is gold! ....Actually, it's better! TD Jakes' Book, "Strength for Every Moment" has hit me and helped me today. I gotta share...this is for someone!!

What has been taken from you? Who has left you? What have you been displaced from? What needs to be restored? Read on...God has a Plan!! ::clap ::clap

DAY 3

MY UNDERSTANDING RETURNED

"And at the end of the time I, Nebuchandnezzar, lifted my eyes to Heaven, and my understanding returned to me: and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored HIm who lives forever...At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my honor and splendor returned to me. My counselors and nobles restored to me, I was restored to my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added to me. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of Heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down. (Daniel 4:34,36-37)

Repentance was the key to Nebuchadnezzar's healing and deliverance. To fall is bad enough, but to fall and not cry out for help, refusing to repent for your sin, is worse than the fall itself. Some people are so full of pride and consumed with their own self-sufficiency that they think, "If i can't get up myself, I won't let anyone help me."

Maybe you are ashamed to let anyone know that you have fallen because you don't want them to think less of you. Is your image so important that you're willing to continue in your pitiful fallen state? Are you so deceived that you will not acknowledge that you have sinned? Stop being so proud. After all, isn't that what caused you to fall in the first place?

Pride is dangerous because it forces you to lie needlessly in a helpless state for days--and sometimes years. If you had asked for help immediately, you could have gotten up and gone on with your life.

WOW!!!!

How about "gotten up and gone on with your marriage!!!" HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Guys...what if your pride was keeping your bride away? What if your pride was all that was keeping your family apart??? What if your pride is the source of your issues?

I said, "What if", and from personal experience, i can tell you, IT WAS!!

My pride kept me from humbling myself and serving, and giving, and loving, and sharing, and offering all that i was to my sweet bride. For me, it was too little, too late...but for those of you who are willing, able, and still have a wife willing to listen and participate...this message is for you!

KILL YOUR PRIDE...AND GET ON WITH YOUR MARRIAGE!

Strength and Honor,

InHisImage

Edited by InHisImage

Brothers,

This is so good....it speaks to each of us differently, and yet so personally too.

TD Jakes:

Day 4

Seems Right

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end is the way of death. (Prv 14:12)

Have you ever noticed the way zoo caretakers handle an injured animal? Even though the caretaker is only interested in helping, the animal does not understand. It only focuses on the pain, and because of this it will strike or even kill the very person sent to help it.

Some of you may be in this very state. People who have called themselves Christians have done hurtful things to you. You did not expect them to be the ones inflicting the pain. It seemed to hurt far worse because these people professed to love the Lord.

You may have been hurt to such an extent that you no longer trust anybody, not even God. You may have actually said, “Lord, I don’t trust You”, but your actions speak louder than words. Maybe you avoid reading God’s Word or refuse to allow anyone to pray for you. Do you look for other ways to help alleviate and drown the pain?

God wants to deliver you!! He wants to arrest every stronghold and every demonic spirit in you life—every demonic power, every type of sorcery, every hex, every spirit of unbelief, every spirit of doubt, every spirit of pride. God wants to set you free!!

In His Image

Yeah! I have internet again!

Here's a little Scripture for those of us who "forget" that God has our backs!

God has a positive answer: YOU SAY & GOD SAYS

You say:"It's impossible"

God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say:"I'm too tired"

God says" I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say:"Nobody really loves me"

God says:I love you (John 3:16 & John 3 :34)

You say:"I can't go on"

God says:My grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9 &Psalms 91:15)

You say:"I can't figure things out"

God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say:"I can't do it"

God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say:"I'm not able"

God says: I am able (2 Corinthians 9:

8)

You say:"It's not worth it"

God says: It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)

You say:"I can't forgive myself"

God says: I forgive you (1 John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say:"I can't manage"

God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say:"I'm afraid"

God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)

You say:"I'm always worried and frustrated"

God says: Cast all your cares on ME (1 Peter 5:7)

You say:"I'm not smart enough

God says: I give you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30)

You say:"I feel all alone"

God says: I will never leave nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

-Rosemary Salvatierra

Greetings Family,

Just a quick update: over the past few months, God has been leading me and guiding my steps. As i have been seeking direction for my professional future, He has opened doors for me to attend Law School. This is a complete Faith step for me....

My position requires that in order to advance, i need to complete an advanced (Masters or beyond) degree program. However, despited being admitted to an MBA program two years ago, i have not felt the drive or passion to pursue it. Then Law School came along. The idea is bigger than me...but it's perfect for my interests and temperment. I love the Law ahd the application of it in my job.

This program is a 3-year committment, and a life changer. I am convinced it is my God-given direction and therefore i am pursuing it. I'll update more as the time draws closer, but today, i want to share with you my daily devotion from Max Lucado.

For a long time, i walked the slippery slope of pursuing my wife's heart and at the same time, feeling bitter and angry for my condition...a condition i created. I was my own worst enemy at times...double-mined in so many ways. Many of you know this dance..."two steps forward and 1 or 2 or 3 steps back..." God is a God of grace and mercy. He has given us His forgiveness and unconditional love; we need, ...we must daily commit ourselves to living in His gift of grace. It's our only hope of moving on with a clear mind and open heart.

So grace came in and my heart lighted, and while those feeling have long since been removed from my heart, i recall the entrapment and prison like conditions that i lived in. Trapped in my emotions, in my hurt, in her hurt, in the despair, in the sorrow, in the tragedy of a failed marriage and broken home. The devil worked me over pretty good and i did when he was done, i often picked where he left off ...

Here's the message....we must forgive. Not the sit-back and let it happen "forgive", but the action form of the word - the aggressive, assertive, passionate "forgive". Make the statement, "I Will Forgive......, and I will accept God's Forgiveness." You see, the pride does not want to "need" anything, much less need forgiveness. That's why you hear people saying, "...you gotta forgive yourself". But nothing could be farther from the truth or reality... it's just not possible. Our Forgivenss comes from God...it is His Gift to us. Jesus paid the price so we can receive forgivenss....and forgive others.

Brothers, if you are on this forum...then your marriage is in trouble and your heart is in turmoil - I know cuz i've been there. I lived there...it's time to break away from the slippery slope of selfishness and selflessness, and just love. Here's how you do it.

God Bless you as you pursue your wife's heart, and pursue becoming a Christ-like man!

Strength and Honor,

IHI

FORGIVING OTHERS - by Max Lucado (He Still Moves Stones)

Bitterness is its own prison.

The sides are slippery with resentment. A floor of muddy anger stills the feet. The stench of betrayal fills the air and stings the eyes. A cloud of self-pity blocks the view of the tiny exit above.

Step in and look at the prisoners. Victims are chained to the walls. Victims of betrayal. Victims of avuse.

The dungeon, deep and dark, is beckoning you to enter...You can, you know. You've experienced enough hurt...

You can choose, like many, to chain yourself to your hurt...Or you can choose, like some, to put away your hurts before they become hates...

How does God deal with your bitter heart? He reminds you that what you have is more important than what you don't have. You still have your relationship with God. No on can take that.

Edited by InHisImage

Thank you for the encouragement Loo!

I have a feeling that it will be a great fit for me...everytime i have been in Washington DC, i have just marvelled at the wisdom and insight of the Founding Fathers and the passionate vigor with which they defended their freedoms. My favorite quote is by Thomas Jefferson,

Inscription under the Dome

"...I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." - Jefferson to Dr. Benjamin Rush, September 23, 1800

[1]

there's a long way for me to go before i finish the program, but i am excited again, and hopeful of the future God has placed before me. Thanks for the

support...i'm pretty sure i'll be calling ya for those night prayer-chats! BTW...check your messages. ;-)

Check yours . . . and maybe you need to ask the teenager to check your phone. He can probably figure it out. :P I really just want to give you a huge hug and tell you I'm proud of you, but seeing as how you persist in being all the way across the country, I'll settle for talking your ear off. :D

Tell me how to convince guys that if they will walk this out, no matter what their wife does or doesn't do, God will open doors they can't even imagine right now. So many guys quit before they get to that point. There is so much inside of all of them that God can use, but they allow satan to keep them trapped in all that . . . junk. I alternate between being totally ticked off, and really sad for them and their families. :(

Check yours . . . and maybe you need to ask the teenager to check your phone. He can probably figure it out. :P I really just want to give you a huge hug and tell you I'm proud of you, but seeing as how you persist in being all the way across the country, I'll settle for talking your ear off. :D

Tell me how to convince guys that if they will walk this out, no matter what their wife does or doesn't do, God will open doors they can't even imagine right now. So many guys quit before they get to that point. There is so much inside of all of them that God can use, but they allow satan to keep them trapped in all that . . . junk. I alternate between being totally ticked off, and really sad for them and their families. :(

Michael, you're supposed to post exciting updates on your own thread too! :P

Hey Loo...

Okay...not sure where to start...we've had the talk and so i'm following through as promised...........DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLL.,.....................

I GOT MARRIED!!!!! ::love

You were the first one that i told; guess i just wanted you to know cuz you spent so many hours and efforts prodding me with that electric

deal of yours...I owe a huge thanks to Joel & Kathy, you, TimothyPaul, and David, and so many others.

The story is long and fun and funny....and a huge blessing! My wife's name is Laurie and she's a dream come true!

So much more to write, but i'm still at work so i'll try to write more this weekend! But before i go:

JOEL & KATHY DAVISSON,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thanky you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

....for kicking my tail and not allowing me to quit the journey, and for...

....not allowing me to give up on the dream of maturity,

....not allowing me to stop in the valley of the shadow of my shame and self-pity,

....not allowing me to secumb to the wispers of failure and defeat,

...not giving up on me,

...not letting the standard down,

...not being candy-coated Christians who told me what i thought i wanted to hear,

...not allowing a self-justifying man to stop hearing the truth,

...not backing down on your mission and ministry.

But most of all, to you and all the other men and women who have shared their hearts, their hurts, their lives, their tears, their joys, and their love

Thank you...I will forever be indebted to you. You are the most shiny example of Christ i have ever had in my life. You all have set the standard of

the value of the journey; travialing for the goal, fighting for the prize, yearning for change, and fighting long and hard to finally see the rising son on the horizon. Maturity and

Christ-likeness was a distant wish when we first met. There was a dream...a desire i held secret, but knew was not true. I wanted to be a real man....a whole man; established on God's Word, grounded in His Truth, fixed with His Principles, and whole-heartedly embracing the life as a son of the Living God. Without your guidance and wisdom, the journey would have been a failure, but God has used you both...not once, not twice, not just 100 times, but tens of thousands i am sure, to gird up the men who call themselves husbands and cause them to pursue Christ-likeness.

You have strengthened me in my weakness,

you have guided me in my darkness,

you have led me in my blindness,

you have accepted me in my humiliation,

you have encouraged me in my exhaustion,

you have spoken to my hurts from your hurts,

you have called the sin as it was,

you have called the forgiveness as He ment it to be,

you have borne the banner of love and mercy,

you have given an immature man the tools to change,

you have opened my eyes to a wife's dreams,

you have shared the dream as a wife dreams it,

you have made the role of husband clear, and

YOU HAVE MADE A BELIEVER OF ME!

OHM...

THANK YOU!

LT,

Ooh those letters just clicked with me not as Looney Tunes, but as Lieutenant. I thrive on structure and discipline so thinking of you that way is really positive for me.

I'm taking in Micheal's thread as quickly as I can without treating it trivially. I identify with so much of what he's said and been through my own thoughts rush in. I'm pressing on toward the prize to become Christ-like, overcome my past sins, my Mother/son issues, the generational curses, hurts and pains. I'm praying for her, our daughter and our marriage. I'm not just reading his thread. I'm reading about co-dependency, counseling alternatives and the Bible some part of every day apart from being a full time parent and job seeker.