God Save My Marriage

Flying Solo but the seat next to me is warm

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Charles.

If she wants a divorce, give it to her. No one is saying that you're not going to listen to her and give her what she's asking for. But you can continue blessing her, continue becoming more Christlike, and continue to pour into her as much as you can. Then she either comes back to you, or you're really ready to move on and find someone else.

Charles, Looney is right, if she wants the divorce, let her have it.

But I strongly encourage you to stay in the fight. Maybe deep down she really wants to see how committed you are to her and she is testing you - it may not even be conscious. What else do you have to do? What else would you rather do? You know the story about being on a thousand mile journey and the guy gives up, discouraged and can't go on anymore, then he later finds out he was only a mile from his destination. You only have one shot at this and I say don't change a thing, you’re on the right track, hang in there buddy. Remember, this is about doing what God has called you to do.

When God's people were standing in front of the Red Sea and the soldiers where quickly approaching they felt like there was no chance, they lost faith. They said to Moses, "Because there were no graves in Egypt, have you taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you so dealt with us, to bring us up out of Egypt? Is this not the word that we told you in Egypt, saying, 'Let us alone that we may serve the Egyptians?' For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness."

We sometimes think that Satan will not pursue us and he will let us go easily. Yet just like Pharaoh after Israel, Satan pursues us, attempting to keep us at least on the fringes of his domain and hoping to destroy us if he can - he wants you to give up. The children of Israel were not yet a week out of Egypt and they were already distorting the past, thinking that it was better for them in Egypt than it really was.

Your hurting right now and you’re scared, but don’t give up. Trust that God has a Red Sea experience here for you too….

I wish I knew when you were at Bragg,I'm less than an hour away! I hope you do stay on here. I have no problem admitting I will need the advice of someone such as you. I have hurt my Wife so bad I'm not allowed to wash Her car,let aalone see the inside of the house. I,too got the "Friendship Speech". Only I was told there may come a day when we could be freinds. She doesn't even consider us freinds. I pray GOD gives me half the strength HE has given you. I try so hard most days to not think about the things She has said to me in those final days at home,for they bring thoughts that will most certainly(and have a few times already) derail this process. For like you,when you get frustrated, I wonder why bother if there is something else on Her mind and has been for a while. I still push on,rereading the books,listening to the nightly calls,reading of the struggles of those who are in this ministry. My prayer partners and the those in the Men's Ministry comment on what consider small changes and even mention there could be a use of the knowledge I will get by the time this has run it's course. Me,I feel lost at times because I see just how far away my Wife is. Do I still have hope? YES Do I still dream of a future with the Wife of my youth? YES It's just that sometimes I have fight the enemy to push other more sinister thoughts away. Yes stay around sir,there is fruit on your vines!

She came in my room and laid in my arms and said that she will try to find her way back to us...

I truly believe your wife's heart can be won back.

You know what He said, "with God, nothing shall be impossible!" And it's true what you alluded to, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you."

Go with God. :)