God Save My Marriage

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi%20ya!.gif

Have to give a class presentation tonight on my final project :blush:

Then on top of that take the final exam on the same night. :roll:

Then get to repeat two more times this week. But you know what, life is good, God is good and I'm thankful I have this opportunity to be the first in my family to get a bachelors degree.... ::clap

Besides that, things are moving along with S getting away from the CONTROL FREAK, LEACH! I have a house hopefully locked in that we can move into as soon as the break is done, will be giving a deposit hopefully by end of the week to have it held. S went to court today and it looks like she will be have to be out of her house in about 20 days.

So please pray-pray-pray that she will walk away from this guy and back to her family - she saw the house today and says she is excited and can't wait! :)

Yeah, a like button would be cool when your in a hurry and don't have much time, but then again having one might make it too easy for everyone to just hit the like button instead of taking a moment to write something more meaningful?

When I grow up I want to keep working for the company I am currently working for but do more with technology, my degree is in Information Technology. The company will almost not even hire supervisors or managers anymore that do not have a degree.....

I surprised two out of three of the best women in my life this morning with hot chocolates from Starbucks. S's mom was helping her this morning. If all goes well, I will be living with all three of them by Christmas. In case anyone is confused, that would be my S, her mom my mother-in-law and my daughter. Wow, am I crazy, talk about being held accountable! :P

I'm 100% up to the challenge! :grin:

My final presentation and final exam went great on Monday night, going back for more tonight! :)

It was funny, the teacher gave us one free question (all we had to do is fill in ABCD as the answer for one question and it would be right). I honestly did not have an answer that I was not sure of, so I didn't use the freeby. On the presentation, I got 95%, was marked off 5% for saying "umm" to many times but content and presentation otherwise they said was great! :)

Today has been an incredibly awesome and rewarding day - way too much to tell all in a single post. :razz:

Spent the whole day with S and the kids! Per S's suggestion, we all went shopping today to put lots of good stuff on lay-away for the new place. Grant it, that we do not officially have the new place locked in, but S was so on board today with us all moving together and starting new. Both the kids and her were smiling ear to ear all day (something tells me I might have been smiling too)! There was so much good conversation about the dreams, expectations and desires for our future together.

It is always so hard after a day like today to let her leave and go back home to him! Everyone keep praying that she will find the strength, courage and trust in me that she needs to let him go so her heart will be completely freed and available for it to return to me.

Another great day with S and family. Did some more house hunting and have several great prospects in case our favorite choice does not pan out. We also collected boxes today so she can start packing.

Currently doing per-algebra work with my daughter (having to wear my patience cap but glad I have one)! :)

Hope to be in bed within the hour, will be doing routes with S in morning, yipee! :)

I want to ask everyone to please say a prayer for my family. We have found the perfect house, perfect location and we are waiting for the landlord to approve us. I spoke to the owner on Saturday as he was a little concerned about my credit score being a little low but I felt the conversation went really really well and he was going to trust me. In my gut, I feel like we have this but I know prayer can move mountains. So please say a quick prayer that we will get a YES answer on this. S says she is 100% on board with this move and she loves this house. She said it would take a lot of pressure off of her to know for sure we have the place...... ;-)

I wanted to share this with the guys out there. On many of the men's calls, Tim talks about what really listening to our wives looks like and why it is so important. It means focusing on her and not on us, not on what we are going to say next or looking around or multitasking, but truly listening. This also means allowing our wives some pause time while they gather their thoughts and then letting them continue their thoughts without just jumping in at every opportunity.

This morning I was talking with S and she started going on and on about the other guy. I have to tell you that it is hard to set there and let her go on and on sometimes but I do it anyways. What was cool today though was as she was talking about him she would go back and forth from good stuff and then back to bad stuff. As she talks this out, it is almost as though she eventually talks herself back into reality. If I were to try interrupt her, take it personal or get needy in the midst of this - she would instantly shut down and the conversation would end and she would go away on a negative, thinking I am that same old selfish SOB. Have been there, done that in the past....

After over an hour and a half of her going back and forth like this, she paused again, then she started to share her heart with me. She shared with me that she wants to be with me, not him. She shared that he is so much fun to be around, when he is at his best (that is hard to swallow), but then she went on to explain how that FUN is not enough, there are so many other bad qualities in him. She told me that she knows I love her because I have pursued her and have changed for her despite all she has done to me. She asked me if I have seen a movie or TV show called Beastmaster, I've never heard of it. She said the main character has this sixth sense with the animals he works with and that she sees me being that way with her and the kids and she loves it. She said that what she has been looking for in this other guy, she has suddenly found in me....

My point here is not to brag, but rather give an example of how truly listening to you wives can work and dynamically change the way she sees you. I could have reacted today, I could have got my feelings hurt today. But instead I chose to truly listening to her and let her talk it out instead of trying to fix it or come up with solutions or getting my feelings hurt......

"...Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." 2 Cor. 10:5

"...Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or admirable think about such things." Phil. 4:8

This last week, I have been talking to S on the phone from about 5am til about 7am everyday while she is doing her papers. Most days it has been me listening while she talks through her previous days dramas or we talk about the kids or just catch up and talk about the future, past or whatever comes up - it is simply awesome! :)

Today Coy called in and she asked me if she could call me back. It was about 30 minutes later when she called me back and she was in tears cause he was being a jerk. I hate to see her hurting but I am thankful that he is so consistently a jerk and is making it easier and easier on her to see his true colors.

I truly feel a change is S's heart and with her interactions with me and the kids - she seems to be committed to making this change and doesn't seem to be bouncing back and forth anymore. Now she just seems to be tying up loose ends, getting up the nerve and planning for our future together...... Keep on praying everyone........

More prayers needed ASAP.

S just informed me that Coy's ex-girlfriend checked his cell phone cause he left it in her car and now knows 100% that Coy and S are more than just roommates. Coy is in tears (he still loves his ex) and S is beside herself because she was counting on Coy and Michelle getting back together when she told Coy to leave. Many people tried to convince Michelle that there was more going on than Coy would admit too but she chose to not listen and ignore the information. She obviously must have know or suspected more or why would she have checked his phone. Maybe, this is a blessing and it will cause Coy to have to choose between S or M - I think he will choose M (please Lord!).....

Please pray for God's favour for everyone involved here, that God's will would be done and that just maybe Coy and Michelle can end up back together through this and S and I can continue moving forward.....

OK, GOOD NEWS!

We got the house that we were shooting for - we can move in on the 15th. S is very very excited she said even in the midst of what happened today. I can't wait until tomorrow morning to get an update on all that transpired today with that. But S's mom says she is really excited and can't wait......

PRAISE BE TO GOD!