God Save My Marriage

LOVE IS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY-LargeOne & AslansChild

Hi there. Let me start by saying thank-you Jeff, Liva, and Son Worshipper as well as everyone else who wished me a Happy Birthday! Most most importantly, a big huge thank-you to my wonderful wife for making my day very very special. ::love

Last year we were barely speaking to each other on my birthday. This year was much much different. Although I might spend a lot of money on Susan's birthday or plan these extravagant surprises it is never about how much money I spend to make her happy. It's about showing her how much I love her and care about her. I like spoiling her and making her feel loved and cherished.

This weekend it was my turn to feel love and cherished by my wonderful wife. The present I loved the most was seeing the love my wife has for me in her eyes and in her heart. Susan kept saying this is your birthday we can do whatever you want. I want you to be happy and enjoy your day.

I had a great birthday weekend. First it started off with my cat Piper giving me a nice singing birthday card. (Thanks Piper) Then I got a really nice birthday card from Susan. Plus, I asked her for a new phone since the battery doesn't last too long on some of our marathon mentoring calls. It is one thing to just buy it, but Susan knows I hate setting things like that up. When I was unwrapping it, I thought the box was prett light for a phone. To my delight Susan had the phone and answering machine all set up and programmed and had it charging up ready to be used. ::love

Next, Susan had planned a picnic lunch in a forest preserve for us. We had a nice lunch outside and had fun walking around hand in hand on the mile trail around the lake. It was fun taking pictures and seeing a lot of trees blooming and birds chirping, and ducks quacking and fish swimming, and geese hissing. One goose was almost cooked for hissing at my wife. :lol: It was just so nice to be able to spend time with my wife who last year didn't even know if I wanted to spend time with her on my birthday. It was so nice seeing Susan happy and spinning and twirling around as we walked around the lake. My present was seeing my wife happy again.

Our next surprise was very hard for Susan to hold inside. She wanted to tell me so bad and let keep it a surprise. She told me on our way to the surprise that we were going to a restaurant that had an area in it with sea salts and lamps in it. I thought is sounded pretty goofy and not really much fun when she described it. However, when we got there it was really cool looking! The place was set up like a huge white crystal cave you had to walk into. The ceiling was covered in stalactites. The floor had all these white sea salt pebbles on it. You had to take your shoes off to walk in. You felt like you were in a cave. Inside there were zero gravity lounge chairs you relaxed in for about an hour. They had soft romantic mood music and lighting to set the atmosphere. It was a great way to just relax and enjoy being with each other. (See the pictures below)

After that we took a ride downtown to the lake front. It was a lot colder when we got there and started to rain so we just stayed in the car for a while after a short walk outside. On our way back home I suggested that we stop in and say hi to my Mom. Susan said ok. When I saw that she was getting tired and not up for it I asked her if she wanted to go. She said it is your birthday I want to make you happy. Since I am her Hero now, although I could of been selfish, I listened to my heart, and protected Susan and I said we wont go since you don't feel up to it. Instead we rented out a nice romantic comedy, Maid Of Honor, we both gave it two thumbs up. It was nice just enjoying each others company.

For dinner Susan made me one of my favorites, a big cheese calzone. Yum Yum. After the movie Susan sang Happy Birthday to me as she brought me out a big chocolate chip cookie /cake. That is one of my favorites. Once again she did something to make me feel special.

The next day Susan had invited our neighbors over for birthday cake. I love entertaining guests. We had a great time with everyone. After everyone left when it was time to clean up Susan told me it was my birthday to go and sit down and relax. However, being her Hero, I stayed and helped her clean up since I knew she was tired.

The reason that I'm sharing all this about how I was listening to Susan's heart and helping her out it not to brag. That is my present. The present that Susan gave me was teaching me how to become Chrisrt-like. That is the best present anyone could give me. You can't wrap that up it a box. It is so great to see my wife happy and falling in love with me all over again because of the new and improved husband I have become. God has worked his magic and made his way into my heart in order for me

to become the husband Susan needs me to. I am so happy that I have a wife who loves me and wants to make me happy once again. I had a great weekend and felt very loved from Susan. That is what it is all about. It is a about giving and receiving and sharing love for each other. You can't put a price on love. It is priceless! That is why I had a great birthday!

I love you very very much much. ::love

Love,

Your Hero, :eyes:

Love,

Your Angel :eyes:

2nlqya0.jpg

mc4120.jpg

dmurg3.jpg

2hh3ozq.jpg

2xdv.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susan and John,

Susan, that was such a great Birthday surprise you planned!!!!!

::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap

I like SW thinks it is great to see pics of people to put to faces.

It is funny how we "picture " people looking in our minds when we hear a voice.."

COOL Restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't have anything like that in our little town......We live in NE Ohio

Where do you live John and Susan?

I'll make sure Don gets to see them , He will love being able to put a face with a voice...

John, you need to begin prepping Don for our anniversary in Sept!!!

Geesh, I am having brain freeze , is it Sept. 30th or 31st?? I'll ask Don, he will rememeber. MY birthday is past ..Jan 15th, But Don's is September 7th. SO I have time to plan....... :wink: :wink: :wink:

He brought me roses home for Valentines Day. They were beautiful.....

nothing for my birthday in Jan though and nothing for Christmas,

MY favorite flowers??

:wink: daisies

Happy Miracleversary to my wonderful hero!

LO has been laying his life down for me for one year as of today. I can still hardly believe it. Last July 4th, I had begged God to harden my heart and protect me as I prepared to tell LO that I was going to "let him off the hook", and that he no longer had to "put up with me". My life was a waking nightmare, and I couldn't believe that I was about to get divorced. I had walked down roads I never thought I'd ever see, let alone be on. I had fought with all my strength, and pleaded with God with every fiber of my being to save our marriage, but LO kept blaming me and had such impossible expectations there just didn't seem to be anything more I could do. I was convinced he hated me, and was only "making the best of things" because he didn't believe in divorce, no matter how bad things got. We had tried several different counselors and therapy programs. I had tried everything I could think of, and asked friends for guidance, and tried thier ideas, but nothing made him happy, and I had nothing left in me to fight with.

I will never forget walking around the back of the house. I was shaking so bad inside, I thought I was going to pass out. Every muscle in my body was locked up tight, and I looked at him, and thought, "This can't be happening". He asked me to come inside and led me to our bedroom. I kept praying for strength from God to let him go. Imagine my shock when he said, "I am recommitting myself to our marriage. I am sorry for how I've hurt you, and things are going to be different from now on." I told him, "I don't trust you and don't know if I ever will be able to trust you again." He said, "I know." I told him I was scared to give him yet another chance. He said, "You should be." I prayed that God would protect me and give me wisdom, and said, "Ok". I placed my fragile heart in God's hands, and thought, "I'm just going to enjoy any good that comes from this, but I'm not letting him anywhere near my heart until I am sure that he really is going to change this time."

This past year has been so unbelievable. From that terrifying day, to the day on September 26th when I gave him my ring in a dark theater so that he could put it back on my finger as we said vows to each other along with Caleb and Catherine from "Fireproof", to the day in October when he moved me back home, through nerve-wracking holidays, to the day just a few weeks ago when we renewed our vows with Joel and Kathy to today. To this amazing, beautiful, God-ordained day, when my heavenly Father has not only restored my husband to me, but has refined him into a man I can respect and trust and love. A man who reads the Bible with me, and is beginning to pray with me. A man who is being very patient and careful as my heart heals. A man who is willing to take anything that comes flooding out of my wounded heart so I can be cleansed and made pure, as Jesus carried the cross for us. A man who still manages to say things that astound me.

My life would be so very different today if Joel and Kathy had not turned their marriage over to God. If they had not come back into the fire to save others. If my husband had not opened his heart to God. If I had not trusted God. I am thankful to Heather and Jeff, for spending over three hours wrestling with LO on the phone only one short day before I gave up. I am thankful to Dory and Nemo and Michael and Annalea for sacrificing thier time to help others. I am thankful to Kay, who reached out to me when I first found this ministry and encouraged me when I was sure I was unloveable. I am thankful that all of you made yourselves available to help us when we were stuck. I am thankful to all the helpers and moderators who were quick to jump on my thread and encourage me when I was at my lowest, and who still offer comfort to me when infertility wears me down.

There is so much on my heart I could go on and on, but I will save that for my Christ-like husband. My hero. Here's to our Miracleversary, and all the rest to come. Here's to our Outrageously Happy Marriage. We haven't arrived, yet, but we are well on our way! God bless you and every marriage who He leads here. May you all get your blessed miracle and Outrageously Happy Marriage. May God lift up all you precious hearts who could not receive their miracle because of an uncooperative spouse. I know He mourns with you, but that He also knows the blessings He has waiting for you. In spite of the heartache I feel over infertility, I know our God. I know how much He loves us, even when we don't feel it or aren't so loving to Him. I know one day, we will see Him face to face, and every tear will be wiped away. We will be reunited with our loved ones who have gone home before us. We will know God's perfect love completely. And one day, evil will be wiped out for good. Oh, how I long for the day. May God overwhelm you with His love for you.

Happy 12 year Anniversary to my beautiful wife. ::love ::clap ::love ::clap ::love ::clap ::love ::clap ::love ::clap ::love ::clap ::love

This past year just flew by. It seems like just yesterday we wondering if we would make it to number 11. Now a year later we are doing better then we have ever been. Our life together is so much happier these days. Thank-you for holding my feet to the fire and teaching me how to become Christ-like. My life is so much easier and happier as a result. I feel such an inner peace that I have never felt before as a result of learning to lay my life down for you. As a result, I love seeing that sparkle in your eyes return as you tell me you love me. :eyes: I love being your hero and bringing joy and happiness into your life.

12 years ago today we stood up in front of our family and friends and declared our love for each other. Today, that love has grown stronger and deeper then I could have ever imagined. I love you today, tomorrow and forever.

Love,

Your Angel & Hero

Dear Friend AC and her hero husband LO,

I just wanted to add my congrats. to your "celebrating" an Anniversary, instead of mourning a loss. Even last year you could not be sure that it would be a celebration today. I am so happy for you both that this has turned out to be a glorious day!! Hope you spend time just enjoying each other!!

BLessings,

Tigger

Thanks for the well wishes for our Miracleversary and our Anniversary!

12 YEARS! 12 YEARS! 12 YEARS! ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap

Now, 12 years may not seem like a lot of time to some people, but it is without a doubt a miracle that we made it to 12 years! And those of you who helped us get here, YOU are part of that miracle, and we are forever greatful. Last year, we were amazed we made it to 11, but I still doubted we'd make it to 12. We did it!

LO made me his famous chocolate chip panny cakes for breakfast and served them to me in bed, where we stayed all morning. After lunch, we puzzled (worked on a jigsaw puzzle) for awhile before heading out to a Nature Preserve for a beautiful afternoon walk. Before we left, I gave LO his first gift ~ a plaque with a silk ribbon that says, "Anyone can catch someone's eye, it takes someone special to catch a heart."

At the Nature Preserve, we saw birds and squirrels and . . . and . . . a snake! I had to do a little dance to keep from stepping on him and to keep him from crawling up my leg! :shock: Snakes don't scare me, really. I thought it was pretty cool! Now, had it been a locust or some other such creepy crawly, I'd have been climbing up LO! :P We even saw a doe and a buck! The doe kept watching us, like she was as in awe of us as we were of her!

My second gift to LO was a little tin with white chocolate "pearls". See, the traditional gift for 12 years is silk, and the contemporary gift is pearls. LO bought me a dozen roses (one for each year).

At dinner, I gave LO his final gift ~ a superman ornament, and at bedtime, there was a card wating for me on my pillow. It was a wonderful way to spend that amazing day with my hero!

Happy Birthday my beautiful bride, my beautiful princess, my beautiful wife. ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap ::clap By the way have I told you lately how beautiful you are? ::love Today you are 30 something. You look better today then the first day we met. :eyes: I love you so much and look forward to sharing a day of fun with you.

Love,

Your Angel

Happy Birthday, Sweet Susan!

Enjoy your day and know that you are loved! I'll bet Shekinah is blowing out candles for you, today! How cool is THAT? To be celebrated by everyone in Heaven and on Earth!

Smile and enjoy the sunshine. It'll be ending soon, I'm afraid!

Kay

Thank you so much for all the birthday blessings!

My birthday started Wednesday night at my Mom's. LO initiated a game of cards. I think I've created a monster! :mrgreen:

We had a wonderful day yesterday. John left before I woke up for a meeting, and he kissed me and wished me happy birthday before he left. I was half asleep, so it was like a dream. I wonder if that's how Sleeping Beauty felt when she woke up to a kiss from her prince. :D

I left early to go help my mom with an errand, and when I came home, there were signs in the windows and on the front door greeting me with "Happy Birthday"'s! There was a trail of pictures of balloons leading to the Dining Room table with a Happy Birthday centerpiece, and in the kitchen, were a dozen roses, all different colors from Piper as well as a card that sings "Happy Birthday" in "Felineese". (For you non-cat-lovers, that means it sang "Happy Birthday" with "meow" sounds instead of words.

John gave me a cute card that opens up to a pop-out of a crown with flashing lights and music. He said I was queen for the day. :D He also gave me a box of chocolates. Yum! :P

We spent the afternoon at the Zoo. It was a perfect day, and we had a wonderful time.

At dinner, he gave me another present - a glass heart, and another card. He also snuck in a "Happy Birthday" candle, and had the waitress light it, and bring it out on a piece of cake.

Back home, we worked on putting together a new puzzle that my mom gave me for my birthday, and there was another card waiting for me on my pillow when I went to bed.

It was a very beautiful birthday! I'm sure LO will post pictures at his next opportunity.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. They mean alot to me! Have a blessed afternoon!