God Save My Marriage

He says he's willing to do what it takes...

Guest Mrs.Clean

Hey all,

Things are doing better today and yesterday. Thanks, Kay for the helpful wisdom and advice on the call on Sunday night. I guess I haven't been getting on the calls enough, and it really does set me back. Damon has been getting on them, often when he's on his way home from seeing me. He called me last night and I was already asleep and he said that he wanted to call me earlier, but Joel was talking and he was just fascinated. He wants me to look up the recording. I guess it was about the new stuff they learned at this conference. Cool! It's nice to hear my husband so excited about learning new information that confirms and enforces what we already see working in both of us.

About the other day...I finally talked to him about it...just waited until it came up in conversation. I knew he didn't mean to hurt my feelings...it was just one of those situations where he is a guy and he thinks differently than me. He needs me to TELL him what I need so that next time, he will be better prepared.

I told him to do the love acronym, and that all he really had to say to me was, "wow, I'm so sorry you had a rough day, the floors look great! You know, you're doing a great job!"

That would have done it for me.

However, I do recognize that I've kind of been very moody lately, and really going in and out of sadness and then happiness really fast. I think the stress of the wedding and my family issues are getting to me. So, I am working on staying close to God...wow, I did that the other night and it was almost palpable how much I have missed Him. So, that should help, too.

I don't want to speak for Damon, or fight his battles, but I just wanted to post to let you all know we are doing just fine. He's on call starting today for a week, so he may not be able to post. It depends on how busy he is. Please pray for both of us...for him that he has the strength and energy to do the work required of him, and for me to have the patience to deal with being apart while he is on call...and that we don't have any big blowouts like last time because of being apart.

Take Care,

Julie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrs.Clean

It's so funn you posted that because EVERY time I hear that song, I think of him.

He is such a guy...loves fishing, fixing things, racing cars, getting dirty, football, baseball...

I love MANLY men, so I am thrilled that my guy IS one!

Take Care,

Julie

...found this in the intensive testimonies. http://www.joelandka...Testimonies.htm

Thanks for everything! I really believe our marriage and my life are on the right road now! Your tools and knowledge are awesome. I already can see a huge difference in our relationship and in me! It is a constant battle in my mind to think and act differently in everything and I can't wait until my brain "rewires" so it will come naturally.

Thanks so much for helping me to start becoming the husband my wife needs, so I can become the man of God I desire to be and God wants me to be. I am excited to be able to bring healing in my wife's heart as well as others from the past and realize I need this as well to bring peace to me.

Thank you,

Mr. Clean

Husband of Mrs. Clean, formerly snookster on the forum - that is "snookster" for the fish that is called "snookster" - my favorite fish to catch.

====================================

Dear Joel and Kathy,

Thank you so much for giving us the possibility of our very own marriage miracle! After going through two years of abuse and heartache, I had hoped to just have a marriage that could "survive." I never even considered the idea that I could have that "fairy tale" marriage that I dreamed about as a child.

Thanks to God and what I have learned from you at the weekend intensive, I am beginning to take out those old, forgotten dreams and dust them off! I am excited about the future for the first time since I said "I DO!" I can't wait to update you about our progress toward an Outrageously Happy Marriage!

Love Mrs. Clean

Wife of Mr. Clean, formerly goingsolo

Guest Mrs.Clean

Thanks, SW!

I remember getting that in an email in September and being depressed about it for DAYS. Now, a year later almost to the day, I try on my wedding dress every day, and dream about what marrying the man of my dreams is going to be like.

Believe it or not, I'm actually starting to get nervous about the "wedding night." I feel like a blushing new bride.

Fairy tales definitely can come true, with God's help!

Take care,

Julie

Guest Mrs.Clean

It's been a while since I updated, but things have been going great.

Damon worked his whole on call week, and it was a busy one. I think he logged around 80 hours. We'll know today, because it's payday. He also sold his Jeep...which was his fun toy...and gave me the money. That was a HUGE deal for him, and I'm very proud of him for that.

My parents came over last night and read letters that they wrote to us, expressing their feelings about Damon and I getting back together. Honestly, I feel that went really well, except that they wouldn't stay after they read them. But, I understand that it was probably very hard for them to be here. It was the first time they've been around Damon and I since we got back together. I hope that this is the beginning of making things right between all of us, but only time will tell. They have said that they want to restore our relationship, but it will take time to do so...at least with Damon...which I understand.

I have a dilemma now though. Right now, we are living in my old house in Naples, renting it from my mom. I've been here for a year now. Before that, we lived 45 minutes away in Marco Island. Damon works in Marco island now, and he is on call once a month. When he is on call, he has to be near his work, so he's been having to stay in his old house on Marco during those weeks, and basically, we don't see him except for those rare times where I can go down and meet him for dinner or something...which we really shouldn't do because it is not in the budget. When we get married next week, the plan was for him to move in here with me and commute to work, and then when he is on call, he would stay down on Marco. We are paying 890 a month for rent here, and we have no deposit and our lease is flexible because my parents are being kind to us. Damon has been telling people his testimony and how our marriage has been restored, and he often mentions that we are looking for a place in Marco. Well, this week, a lady called his office and said that she had a house, right across the school for rent. It is 1200 a month. We think we can get it for 1100 a month. It is very nice. Damon looked at it yesterday, and I am surprised at how nice it is for the money. Kasie could walk to school from it. She attended that school for a year, and it was her best year ever. It is a very small school and the teachers take an individual interest in each child. However, Kasie has been promised (by me) that I wouldn't move her this year...that she could stay at her school here in Naples for one more year (she's entering 5th grade).

I don't know what to do. Family wise, it would be so much better to be in Marco. But I don't know what to do about Kasie. I very much wanted her to stay at one school for a while...because of all of this moving and marrying and what not, she's been at the naples schoo, then the marco school, now the naples school, and if we move again, then the marco school! For her with her special needs, that is difficult. At least they do know Kasie at BOTH schools, and have adequately served her needs at both places. Financially, in the long run, it would be money saving for us to be in Marco, even with the increase in rent, because we are spending MORE than the difference in gas commuting. Not to mention, life on Marco Island is very different than it is here in Naples, and we pretty much don't drive long distances, etc...so we would save lots of money in gas, etc. But, we would have to come up with at least first months rent and a security deposit...and probably last months rent, too...which would be 3600 dollars. That is A LOT of money! But again, in the long run, I do believe it will be a wise financial choice.

Not only that, I do feel like it is time to get out from under the wing of my parents...and moving out of this house will give them the freedom to sell the house or rent it for more (it could probably rent for 1300 or more), and I feel that it is the right thing to do. However, I also feel that they will feel sad for Kasie because they know she doesn't want to move and change schools again.

I am going to take all three kids down there to look at the house today, and then I think we are going to take the weekend to pray about it. I would love to know what you all think, though...

Pleae add us to your prayers...this is a tough decision for me to make!

take care,

Julie

Wow, Julie, this IS a tough one. I can see where your heart is feeling torn. I can see pro's and con's in both directions, pretty much the same thoughts that are going through your head, are going through mine. Is it fair to Kassie? NO. But, I can't see how you leaving Damon in Marco without you, while in call, is healthy for your Marriage. You will continue to worry, regardless how "clean" Mr. Clean is being. You deserve PEACE!

My advise to you is to seriously pray about it and ask God. Yes, take Kassie to the house, watch for some excitement. Perhaps, have her visit teachers and this school, in the case she might go there? Be honest with her that you are unsure right now. Maybe, she will surprise you?

Try not to stress about this, until after the Wedding, though. Enjoy this time together, and leave the stress for after!

I do have a question for you, though. You mentioned above that Damon has been telling people that you were looking for a house in Marco. Were you aware that Damon was looking? Or, maybe you were looking together? I'm only asking because you had said that the plan was for you to stay put for a year, so my question is, is this Damon's heart? or is it your heart? You don't want to confuse the two, and it isn't fair for him to put pressure on you, if this is the case. I could be way off base, so please forgive me if I am.

Honestly, if I had to lean one way or the other?? I'd lean towards possibly moving to Marco during the Christmas Break.. I think Damon needs to prove himself after Marriage. This may seem harsh advice, considering how great he's been doing, but with his track record, I'd want to be sure that he is for real, just a little bit longer, before changing your life completely. Can you all go to Marco on the weekends where he is "on call" ?? Can he Not be "on call" during the week? Just wondering.

Whatever the decision is, I know God will work everything out for his glory, so rest in him, and know he's got your back! How's that for advice?

Love you!

Kay

Edited by Kay

Mrs. Clean, I understand how you and your parents feel. I'm in the same situation. I haven't told my Mom or brother we're going to the August intensive. They'll be furious. My sister knows, and thinks I'm being foolish. Sometimes I think I'm being foolish! I don't know when JDI should address my family, but it will need to be done at some point.

I'm thrilled for you Julie. I'm sorry we'll miss your wedding. I hope you got the room you wanted. ::love

Guest Mrs.Clean

Hey all,

I looked at the house today with Kasie. Basically, I told her when we were on the way to the house that I wanted to look at the house as a family, and then this weekend we would pray and talk about it as a family. She was really worried and told me that she didn't want to move. She began listing all of the reasons why she didn't want to move. I told her that IF we liked this house, that we would sit down this weekend and list all of the reasons we did not want to move, and all of the reasons it would be nice to move. And that we would pray together as a family about it.

I told her that i loved her very much. She said, "If you loved me so much, why are you making me move so often?" Ouch. I told her that sometimes we have to do things that are not that fun so that our family can be better off in the long run.

The house was VERY nice, and I could see us living there. It is right across the street from the school that she would be going to (and she already went there one year for third grade and loved it), and it has plenty of space for what we need. Unfortunately, the lady told me that she just took a deposit from someone else to hold the home. Hmmmm...I told the lady that was fine. If it was meant to be for us, then those people wouldn't want it. I told her we would think about it over the weekend and call her on Monday.

Kay, as far as him asking around about rentals...I told him to. Since there are a limited number of homes on Marco, and we are on a small budget, it might take a while to find the right home for us. But, my first instincts were the same...get married, go on the honeymoon, get settled into married life and THEN start looking for a home down there. Which, if this house doesn't work out, we may end up doing anyway. Most of the homes down there rent for 2200-2700 a month, so to have found one for 1200 a month was a great deal. I thought maybe God had a hand in it. Plus, I was thinking that moving Kasie at the beginning of the school year would be better than moving her after Christmas.

But, honestly, I just don't know. I'm going to let God take the lead here. But Damon has pretty much just taken a back seat. He only purues leads after getting the okay from me. So even when the lady called his office about the house, he called me first and asked me what I thought. I told him to go look at it, so he did.

He's being very great these days. I'm very thankful for him and proud of him!

Tonight he's taking Kasie to see Alpha and Omega (a wolf movie), and she is excited over the moon about it!

Love,

Julie

Good Deal, Julie,

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to make this decision easier for all of you. Great job, Mr. Clean, also, for taking the back seat and letting Julie, lead. That alone, must bring tons of healing to Julie. I'm curious as to what Kasie said after she saw the house. Was she more adament about moving or less? Meeting Kassie, I can just picture her talking with you, and expressing her concerns. My heart goes out for her, but also, I keep thinking that kids usually do adjust fairly well, and if she was happy before, then??? But, you're right, God definitely has a hand in all of this! Either way, things will work out.

I'm getting excited to see you again,

Kay

Hi All,

Finally off work for a couple of days! Sorry my posting hasn't been as frequent as it should be. I just caught up on the previous posts. I'm sorry sweetie for struggling with encouraging you when you have a tough day. The man in me always wants to try and fix things. I constantly struggle with that. Thanks for helping me by telling me how it should have went. I can see I only added to your bad day by my comments. I should have been giving you oxytossin instead! You are a wonderful mom, and I'm extremely proud of the fantastic job you do with our children! ::clap There is no one else on earth that I would feel more comfortable with raising our children! You rock!!!!! :eyes: I will do my best not to be criticle, but to be more supportive and understanding in the future! Thank you, my Love, for helping me become a better man! :D

As for moving to Marco, I am totally supportive in any decision you want to make, sweetie. I am happy to commute. I am happy to move. Anything you need, I am happy to do. I just want, and need, to be with you! I don't care where that is. God will work it out! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited you have chosen to marry ME next weekend!!!!!!!! I am truely blessed!!!!!! God is amazing!!!!!!! And so are you!!!!! I look forward to a lifetime of blessings with the girl of my dreams! My perfect helpmeet! A union blessed by God! Amen!

Kasie and I had a great time on our date tonight. Alpha and Omega wasn't out yet, so we saw Cats and Dogs. It was really cute. Kasie had a great time! She gets so excited, and jabbers constantly! I made sure I was just as loud and excited as she was, so it was a lot of fun! She's a sweetheart, just like her mother! I had a nice lunch date with her smokin hot mom today! What a blessing that was! Can't wait to marry her! She's HOT!!!!! :eyes:

God bless,

Mr. Clean

Hi there Mr and Mrs Clean,

What an amazing journey you two have been on. I can feel your excitement through the screen for your upcoming wedding and i rejoice with you's. CONGRATULATIONS and all glory and praise to God for the wonderful wonderful work He has done in your lives.

Mr Clean a BIG THANK YOU to you for choosing to love your bride and WHAT a ba-utiful bride Julie is. I am sure you see now what a humungous difference a man makes in so many lives when he chooses to live in obedience to God's Word, by laying your life down for your bride.

Julie i am even MORE proud of you for EVERYTHING that you chose to go through to get here! For every single tear you shed and those you could not because the heartache just ran too deep and so my sister....joy comes in the morning, right! and may your cup of joy overflow and touch all those around you. You are an amazing women with an amazing testimony.

I am so proud of your choices Mr Clean, when you were still totally clueless your temperament reminded me alot of my husbands and now, now i have further proof IN YOU that he CAN do this too. BTW he is doing rather well too so far, so thank you again, your choices in life are going to reap you a harvest of righteousness and deep joy and if ya dont mind i'll keep pointing to you for my hubby for encouragement...for boy if Damon can do it...then so can Willem ::clap (and a million others heehee)

Please please take LOADS of photos so you can share with the rest of your forum family too, looking forward to it.

Lots of blessings and love

Candy

NewLife

Guest Mrs.Clean

::clap

Thank you, TP. It truly IS a miracle! Praise God!

The best gift you can give us is to LOVE your wife and heal her heart...so you have made the right choice in NOT coming.

We will see you next time! Maybe at YOUR wedding! ::clap ::clap ::clap

Take Care,

Mr. and Mrs. Clean ::love

DEADGuy and I ARE celebrating with you and MR. Clean on this VERY special week-end! WoW! Ya made it! You have your whole married life before you now. You are both following in J&K's example and walking into your union together... this IS your "happy place"!

We wish we could be there to hug your necks! You have MUCH to celebrate! PRAISE God for HIS faithfulness!

Congratulations!

::clap,

CheRish and DG

We are so very excited for you -- really thrilled. ::love

We are not able to come as Ward is working hard at his job -- he has had to work overtime to pay for a diamond anniversary ring for next week's anniversary. We, too, are feeling like newlyweds at times (23 yrs later) and so we are rejoicing with you!

God is an awesome God who has great and mighty plans for your lives! Isn't it simply AMAZING that He is the God of "beginning again" ---

::clap

Blessings and much CONGRATULATIONS!

Ward & June

Mr. and Mrs. Clean are Married! ::clap ::love :D and,

I am more than honored to move your string over to the Couples Section!

Love you, both! Can't wait to go fishing! B) One day, soon, I hope!

Kay

Edited by Kay

Guest Mrs.Clean

Thanks to you all for your well wishes and support! Yes, we are FINALLY married! ::clap ::clap ::clap

...and we get to have SEX!!! ::love ::love ::love

So, you can imagine that I'm both tired and busy!

More posting later.

take care,

Julie